• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 600M 'Tai Chi'

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
I tried the gen and its surprisingly comfy to wear. The reason is the lug to lug. It wears just like the SD43 and Pelagos. Just slightly thicker than a Tudor GMT.

I pulled the trigger after trying on the gen because I was so impressed with it. Might consider a pre owned gen if I really like the rep.

I was basically in a similar spot. I was shopping for the Rolex GMT, and was trying to see if anything tickled my fancy equally. My real backup plan was the Tudor gmt, but those were equally as hard to find. So I wandered into a shop and spotted the gen of this and had to try it on. It looked great, felt good, but again, felt like the seadweller. I had tried on the seadweller vs the sub and got myself a sub, so while I was holding out for the other two I figured I could wait before I pulled the trigger on effectively what's a SD43 gmt. I even asked the shop guy if those were rare, and he said no they can be ordered any time. So I leave.
now I get home, and I'm kinda curious, is it worth giving up on the Rolex GMT and just getting a watch I can get now? So I look and low and behold, this thing costs the same as a Rolex. Wow, interesting. So then I take a look at them used. And holy shit, both chrono24 and eBay have them selling for 5k. And suddenly, I didn't want a gen. Taking a 50% value hit on a luxury watch right off the bat is crazy. I mean yeah, I can compare it to the Tudor, but then I found a Tudor at an AD and that solved the problem. Unless you crave a SD43 gmt, the gen of this is not a very good value, new or used. So the rep was an easy choice. Pretty watch, but I'd only really spend Tudor money on it for a gen

Reactions: Circarama

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
has somebody tried the BP rubber straps on the VSF omegas? Sead says that they won't fit and I kinda trust him.

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
I got them, but I'm still waiting on the clasp. I'll post up once I have everything in, but right now it looks good that they will fit, but the material seems crazy stiff, so I'll be curious how it actually feels on the wrist

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
You can see it in the gen pics I took; the gen sparkles like a 10,000$ watch. While the rep does not look cheap, if you held it side by side with a gen it would be very obvious in person which has been hand polished and which hasnt

Excellent review and pictures.

One thing I would add is that after a gen has been worn in and subsequently polished/brushed by the average owner himself or jewellery store watchmaker (prior to sale)- the showroom finish soon disappears.

That’s why Most used gen omega’s I see for sale at local jewellery shops (not new AD watches) look to have worse finish than brand new reps - lol.

Of course the finish on gen dial/hands/Lume look completely different under a loupe. But the rep steel finish looks arguably better than the typical jewellery shop refinished watches i see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
I was basically in a similar spot. I was shopping for the Rolex GMT, and was trying to see if anything tickled my fancy equally. My real backup plan was the Tudor gmt, but those were equally as hard to find. So I wandered into a shop and spotted the gen of this and had to try it on. It looked great, felt good, but again, felt like the seadweller. I had tried on the seadweller vs the sub and got myself a sub, so while I was holding out for the other two I figured I could wait before I pulled the trigger on effectively what's a SD43 gmt. I even asked the shop guy if those were rare, and he said no they can be ordered any time. So I leave.
now I get home, and I'm kinda curious, is it worth giving up on the Rolex GMT and just getting a watch I can get now? So I look and low and behold, this thing costs the same as a Rolex. Wow, interesting. So then I take a look at them used. And holy shit, both chrono24 and eBay have them selling for 5k. And suddenly, I didn't want a gen. Taking a 50% value hit on a luxury watch right off the bat is crazy. I mean yeah, I can compare it to the Tudor, but then I found a Tudor at an AD and that solved the problem. Unless you crave a SD43 gmt, the gen of this is not a very good value, new or used. So the rep was an easy choice. Pretty watch, but I'd only really spend Tudor money on it for a gen
Yup it's not worth paying RRP for this piece. A well priced Preowned I will seriously consider.

IntenseImage

16/6/19

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding but the Rolex GMT is 14k new and this is 6k new (on Chrono 24).

Reactions: enkidu0702

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
This and the Rolex GMT at MSRP is around 9k;Tudor is about 4k msrp. Used is a different story, which is around what you listed. On Chrono is looks like these list for 4-6k

IntenseImage

16/6/19
These are 5k new on Chrono so unless they are 2.5 used I'm not seeing how they loose 50%

Last edited:

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
These are 5k new on Chrono so unless they are 2.5 used I'm not seeing how they loose 50%

I'm under the impression that chrono24 is grey market. So if you click those listings, it says shit like "unworn, warranty card dated may 2019". So these are watches that someone has already taken a loss on. You go to like a tournaeu or some other Omega AD and buy this new new, the MSRP is 9k

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
good example just from the other side of the spectrum; if you are able to, if you walk into a rolex AD and they have this watch, its 10k. This guy selling "new" is simply reselling an unworn watch. Not that it matters for most people, but that's where I was coming from. I think the only reason it would ever matter would be for warranty work; I'm sure an OEM will give you shit for trying to get Warranty work done when not bought from an AD, but otherwise who cares. Either way, I was talking about the MSRP

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/daytona-stainless-steel-ceramic-white-dial-116500ln--id11143025.htm

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
For anyone interested in seeing “real-life” (unedited) video/photos:

https://youtu.be/udJJydH-6r8

b71e01a53bd1fdc4c96e866df0b528a5.jpg

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
3dpsUkh
Okay, a few more shots. I finally got the deployant clasp to go with the straps i bought. Honestly, the bracelet is amazing, so its not worth it. if you want leather, you can get the BP, it fits, it works, its actually pretty comfy. but overall, I would not recommend it. the fit and finish on the clasp is shit. the clasp feels chinatime. and there is no microadjustment. the bracelet feels like gen, and offer toolless micro adjustment. it just cant be compared. as well, the leather clasp has to fold inside the clasp, as opposed to outside like might, so while its more comfortable, its just super awkward because of how thick it is, full set of photos below
https://imgur.com/3dpsUkh
https://imgur.com/XtGxaAa
https://imgur.com/khtZroX caseback shot. you can see it fits really well
https://imgur.com/fTdwFXb
https://imgur.com/yWwAsGF wrist shot. you can see how it fits awkwardly compared to most. sure, the leather on wrist is more comfortable, but once you wear the bracelet and leather side by side, its a joke. ill put it on a nato before i rock this setup
https://imgur.com/xNEAwy9

So there you go. If anyone wants more shots, let me know. The BP does fit, but unless you absolutely want the leather factory look, its not a good choice. get any after market leather setup instead

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
I also want to point out, my watch gained about a minute per week. I decide to attempt to regulate it, and upon popping the case back off, the dial popped loose. it tightens with the crown, and not with any case screws. so its not the worst thing ive ever seen, but for anyone curious about the quality, thats where mine is at. I understand I might have gotten the first wave, and most of you are seeing its on backorder at the moment. but i plan on taking mine apart a bit further to see if it can actually be secured, because having it wobble around while setting the time is pretty crappy. hopefully i can at least get it regulated, because otherwise opening it up was a poor choice

m800

Known Member
9/6/19
I've attempted to order it from three different TD's with no luck. All saying its out of stock with no ETA. Apparently, theres problems with the bezel. Went to my AD where its MSRP is $8k. My dealer already oferred it to me for $6,400 without me even asking. I bet I can get her down to $6k... might pull the trigger...

Reactions: stanleebobyolo