• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aqua Terra laggy seconds hand

Poleseg

Horology Curious
21/5/19
Hello.

I have an Omega Seamaster Aqua Tetra 41mm with a clone Omega Cal. 8100 (or 8500 not sure) inside and I've noticed that sometimes the seconds hand sweeps reallyd laggy and almost looks like a quartz and then it returns to a steady sweep that looks pretty genuine. Do you think it is something a watch maker can fix with a small adjustment or is it just a bad replica movement inside my watch?

Bought it off DHGate for around $250 if I remember correctly.

Thanks in advance!

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
The stutter of the seconds hand is normal if that ”clone movement” is a decorated Miyota 8215.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
pretty sure you don't got a clone inside your watch. Sounds to me like the typical symptom of a dirty 8215 Miyota. Those movements were often used before VSF came up with the newly invented real clone movement for all their omegas.

The cheap 8215 is known for the seconds hand issue which doesn't influence the over all accuracy. Just ugly when looking at it so to say :D

Anyway - pictures of the watch and the movement in particular will help to understand the whole problematic. Sending your watch to a watch smith is always an option but in many DHGate cases not cost effective.

Poleseg

Horology Curious
21/5/19

here are some pics of the movement, pretty sure you guys are right that it's not a real clone because I got this watch a lot cheaper than sole of the others in there but still :) it is pretty accurate and I use it almost daily at work so it does take some beatings from tile to time, money well spend. Might take it to a watch Smith to have the error adjusted at sole point though

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
That looks like a really cheap copy to me, certainly won't have a clone movement of any type, will probably cost more to repair than it's worth, I would consider putting the repair money towards replacing with a proper rep

Poleseg

Horology Curious
21/5/19
Well it is still an upgrade from the shitty Asian 2813 replicas I had once haha but yeah, I I could have bought a little more expensive replica, but I didn't want to spend too much on it just in case it sucked anyway. I do have a more expensive Daytona Replica with I think a clone movement and that was a bit more expensive.