• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Omega Seamaster 300m Sedna 2019 (Rose Gold) Mini Review

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
So whats your opinion on which one is better?
2019 Ceramic is a marginally better rep; but 2018 is great, too.

My advice is: ask yourself what you will use this watch for. 2019 Ceramic is IMHO the ultimate sport watch. It is very comfortable, has a substantial wrist presence, wears and looks great. 2018 is much more elegant (both on bracelet and strap). So if this is a weekend watch, then 2019; if you want to wear it at the office, then 2018

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
2019 Ceramic is a marginally better rep; but 2018 is great, too.

My advice is: ask yourself what you will use this watch for. 2019 Ceramic is IMHO the ultimate sport watch. It is very comfortable, has a substantial wrist presence, wears and looks great. 2018 is much more elegant (both on bracelet and strap). So if this is a weekend watch, then 2019; if you want to wear it at the office, then 2018

Thanks for the fast answer!

The Ceramic Version I would wear at weekends to go out during the day.
The RG 2018 Version I would wear at night in Bars and Lounges.
In the office I wear my Gen Transocean Day Date.
And my AP Diver fits in everywhere exept for the office.

Just the Ceramic Version seems pretty perfect already while the RG Bezel could catch my eye after some time.
Do you think they will enhance the RG bezel engraving in the next Version?
Or is so hard to fix this issue that it might take some time?

Last edited:

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
hi folks, as I have a sedna SMP coming in, I could really use your help with QC-ing ( I feel like I have overinspected it at this point)

two concerns:
- bezel slightly misaligned at 3 and 9 (which is odd as 12 looks to be on spot)
- 30 of bezel inlay looks very rough

thanks in advance

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
hi folks, as I have a sedna SMP coming in, I could really use your help with QC-ing ( I feel like I have overinspected it at this point)

two concerns:
- bezel slightly misaligned at 3 and 9 (which is odd as 12 looks to be on spot)
- 30 of bezel inlay looks very rough

thanks in advance
All those lines, lol

Jokes77

Horology Curious
22/10/20
I can say that the dial marker's lume is white enough. However, you can spot a difference on the dial and hand lume have a different color. The lume on the hand looks greenish while the dial is white. Is this normal on the gen or this is vsf trying to finish their imperfect hands batch?

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
Agreed on this review

Only thing I would add though is the rose gold plating DOES wear/deteriorate.

I rotate through my watches so I pretty much ALWAYS have to undo the crown and wind+set time/date

Over the course of the 100 or so times I've used the crown on mine which I've had for about 2-3 years the crown is ever slightly a different shade than the helium escape valve (which I never touch)

It's not so bad you'll notice it on the wrist but in your hand if you're looking for it you can easily spot it

Route66

24/4/21
Over the course of the 100 or so times I've used the crown on mine which I've had for about 2-3 years the crown is ever slightly a different shade than the helium escape valve (which I never touch)
One may expect that, in a normal use, the crown coating would be the first item to fade, so not really a surprise to me..
Wanna be so kind to share any pic?