• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Omega Seamaster 300m Sedna 2019 (Rose Gold) Mini Review

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I'm wondering whether using nail varnish or clear nail polish will give the bezel the gloss it needs for gen-spec.

Potential bezel mod? oascom KJ2020 @

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
It’s not that dude, it’s engraved whereelse the gen is smooth surface.

Sent from the RWI App
That's what I meant. I've handled the gen. I was thinking that the clear nail polish would fill in the gaps and give a glossy look with smooth feeling like gen

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Here is my gen TT and is with all of them they are filled and perfectly smooth to the touch. The gold is beautiful on the gen bezel. Mine is yellow gold and not Sedna.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the two-tone rose gold gen and to satisfy my curiosity I just ordered the exact same watch from Puretime. When I get my hands on it, I will do a detailed comparison and review.
Now, when it comes to super smooth bezel inserts. I am playing with the gen right now and yes, it is engraved, it is filled, it is smooth but not perfectly smooth. If you touch the bezel with your nail, you can feel it jumps slightly when going over the numbers/markers. Anyway, wait for my comparison;)

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I have the two-tone rose gold gen and to satisfy my curiosity I just ordered the exact same watch from Puretime. When I get my hands on it, I will do a detailed comparison and review.
Now, when it comes to super smooth bezel inserts. I am playing with the gen right now and yes, it is engraved, it is filled, it is smooth but not perfectly smooth. If you touch the bezel with your nail, you can feel it jumps slightly when going over the numbers/markers. Anyway, wait for my comparison;)

Looking forward to this!

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Jwg201

Looking Around
10/3/16
Can you send link from where you got this from please, apologies if you already have, new to all this

mac83

9/7/13
Well I was pretty close to puling the trigger on the GEn, Im so confused now.

mac83

9/7/13
I have the Blue/RG gen and, while I love it, I'd say the price tag is a bit high. I'd say get a gen regular blue 300m or a rep if you really like the Rose Gold style.

I was dead set on the RG bu t Imay look at the rep now instead

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I was dead set on the RG bu t Imay look at the rep now instead

When looking at pictures, I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference. However, in real life without them side by side, they are nearly indistinguishable. I received my rep and I was shocked and pleased! I'm still eyeing the gen and found a good deal on one so I am going to sell my rep and go for it. But I would own the rep first and then make that decision.

Is it worth the difference in price? Probably not. But a friend of mine is selling it at a steep discount so that's the only reason I would consider it.

Just my 2 cents.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Just got this from Li at JTime. The winding doesn't work, it keeps slipping and not catching. Sending to oascom today for a service.

Anyhoot, VSF seems to have fixed the crown guard issue present other VSF SMP 300m reps. This one is like gen, not short at all. I highly recommend it!

Also, the lume appears white, then yellow depending on the lighting.

Cheers
138374c6e1421a8975213b0c45ad1f8b.jpg

Bugler1987

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/19
I'm between this Rose Gold and the Titanium/Ceramic for what will be my first rep. Has anyone got any experience of how well the rose gold holds up under use and time? I'd like it to last more than a year or two as otherwise I'll go titanium/ceramic. Both look amazing quality reps!

Thanks for this review, the detail on this forum makes it much easier for a noob like me to find out more

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I'm between this Rose Gold and the Titanium/Ceramic for what will be my first rep. Has anyone got any experience of how well the rose gold holds up under use and time? I'd like it to last more than a year or two as otherwise I'll go titanium/ceramic. Both look amazing quality reps!

Thanks for this review, the detail on this forum makes it much easier for a noob like me to find out more
Thank you for reading and engaging! That's exactly how you become better here :)

I have the RG and I have worn it EVERYWHERE. It's been bumped, battered, bruised. But the RG plating is nearly indestructible. Nothing has come off yet. I'm pretty damn pleased ;)

Last edited:

Bugler1987

27/6/19
Thank you for reading and engaging! That's exactly how you become better here :)

I have the RG and I have worn it EVERYWHERE. It's been bumped, battered, bruised. But the RG playing is nearly indestructible. Nothing has come off yet. I'm pretty damn pleased ;)

Thanks for the quick response... That's just made the decision even harder but for all the right reasons. It's one I'd be wearing most days which is why I had been leaning to the ceramic but both are stunning. Will continue deliberating and eventually I'll pull the trigger and probably come back soon after for the other one!

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Thanks for the quick response... That's just made the decision even harder but for all the right reasons. It's one I'd be wearing most days which is why I had been leaning to the ceramic but both are stunning. Will continue deliberating and eventually I'll pull the trigger and probably come back soon after for the other one!

Mate, I ordered the ceraminc/titanium and should get it tomorrow/Tuesday. I reviewed the Rose Gold last month, so I will review the Ceramin and will let you know which one is better quality

Reactions: Bugler1987

Bugler1987

27/6/19
Mate, I ordered the ceraminc/titanium and should get it tomorrow/Tuesday. I reviewed the Rose Gold last month, so I will review the Ceramin and will let you know which one is better quality

If you choose to let one go at the end of that let me know! I cant wait to read your views on both of these.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

I am also in the middle of this 2 choices. So any help would be apreciated.
So whats your opinion on which one is better?

I might pick the cermic one and hope that in the next version they fix the RG Bezel issue.

Last edited: