• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PLANET OCEAN 42MM LIQUIDMETAL V6 (NOOB Real Ceramic) vs VSF A8500 SC

HerGy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/19
Hi everyone,

I will start by saying I placed my first order today for the VSF version (Didn't get QC yet, so I believe I still have time to change my decision).

I've been reading here a lot, and I did search for a direct answer but left a bit confused and wanted to make sure my decision is correct.
I laid my eyes on two types of PO editions;

PLANET OCEAN 42MM LIQUIDMETAL V6 1:1 NOOB BEST EDITION Black Real Ceramic Dial On SS Bracelet A2892):

https://www.intime05.co/omega/5664-...al-on-ss-bracelet-a2892-free-nylon-strap.html

VS

Planet Ocean Professional Ceramic Bezel 42mm 1:1 VSF Best Edition Silver Markers A8500 Super Clone (2 Straps):

https://puretimewatch.io/planet-oce...ilver-markers-a8500-super-clone-2-straps.html

From what I've read so far, the VSF version was "marked" as first-class NWBIG (that's why I decided to place an order).
But after further research, I noticed recent posts saying there are many minor inaccuracies on dial numbers\marks, etc. (I'm well aware of reps will never be gens).
Also I'm a bit scared the 16mm thickness on the VSF version will look too big for my wrist (about 6.5 inches) comparing to the 14mm thickness of NOOB's version.
I also read that the A8500 VSF movement is irreparable. Is it true?

I did not find many threads regarding V6 NOOB version (Only about V5, that they didn't use a real ceramic on the bezel), but I did find on other forums people that recommended this version over VSF A8500 since it's using "Asian 2892 Automatic Movement at 28800vph", which is repairable and parts are easy to find.

So from your experience, which version is better \ more recommended?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards to all,

HG,

PhilippPzy

Supporter
Certified
3/12/18
Germany
Hi, I have the crpo 42mm vsf with silver markers and can say the Quality of the watch is pefect and with the 16mm thickness it´s a watch which attracts Attention. Very massive high Quality Piece. The movement is very nice but when you wanna have endless fun with it you Need to make a Revision, because oil is missing everywhere.(ca. 200€ and then it runs genlike).

HerGy

17/8/19
:wacko:
Is it mandatory to oil the watch?
And does it mean that if I wouldn't be oiling the watch, eventually it will need repairing?

karimeldib

8/8/19
London
Hello,
I bought the NOOB version about two weeks and looks great and runs well till now. I did not compare it to VSF as I think NOOB makes the best version of this model, I did a lot of search regarding the NOOB. The watch is still brand new, so I cannot make a decisive decision about it, but I like it a lot and I really think it is a good watch.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
The Noob Liquid Metal PO was classed as a SUPER REP if I remember rightly on the CONSENSUAL LIST in it's V4 guise . Then when it was updated to a V5 correcting some miniscule flaws ( not worth bothering ) but they started producing them with a case back error " WorldPremier " so it was dropped to NWBIG 1st class( might be Super Rep) till they sorted the case back error . The current V6 version corrected the case back , but added a DW flaw and an error with short second markers at the 6 O'clock by the Swiss Made . Such is the rep world :D It is an outstanding rep though and easy to repair , service or even replace the movement because it houses an Asian ETA .

Not so familiar with the VSF PO you list , though I do know from first hand experience that the VS Factory make some excellent reps . However I believe that if the movement ' 8500 superclone ' in it breaks you are left with a dead duck ( happy for other members to correct me on this ) . So you could buy one and have a ten year watch , but if it broke after a month your watch is a door stop . I guess it's like any purchase with a replica watch you study and make an informed choice and hope for the best .

Last edited:

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
You do realise that you are talking about completely different models of watch, right?

The Noob is the LMPO (closed back, 2500 movement). The VSF is the CrPO (display back, 8500 movement).

Totally different watches...both the models you list are the best version of each model. If you want an LMPO, buy the Noob. If you want a CrPO, buy the VSF.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
You do realise that you are talking about completely different models of watch, right?

The Noob is the LMPO (closed back, 2500 movement). The VSF is the CrPO (display back, 8500 movement).

Totally different watches...both the models you list are the best version of each model. If you want an LMPO, buy the Noob. If you want a CrPO, buy the VSF.

If that is directed at me then YES I know they are completely different watches , but his question was about the merits of both and the different movements used Aeta vs 8500 replica . I didn't get anywhere in the OP's question that he didn't know they were different PO models LMPO VS CRPO he was just asking which he should go for . Not sure how you come to the conclusion that the OP , myself or anyone in this thread didn't know they were different models of watch but hey ho. If it wasn't directed at me then ignore my reply thanks .

Last edited:

HerGy

17/8/19
Hi,
Thank you all for your replies.

chocolito, A special thank you for your detailed explanation.
I didn't notice before the flaw you mentioned at NOOB's V6 version, I did noticed more flaws, there's too much spacing on the dial between the marks (5,10,15,etc.) to the bezel and the pearl's position is a bit off (comparing to the Gen's dial) but as you said, nothing is perfect, I'm more than sure that NOOB's rep is great.

I think i will take my risk with the VSF version, my only concern is the the thickness of the watch (I'm used to wear 13mm watches). I'm still waiting for QC of the watch, maybe something will make me change my mind :thinking:

Maybe It's a newbie's question but is it possible to change the back side of the VSF version to a thinner one? (maybe of a different model) or it will damage the movement?

P.S.
Theoretically, If I would go for NOOB's version, and I'll buy a gen dial or bezel, will they fit?

Thanks.

Last edited:

HerGy

17/8/19
Finally, the forum is back :)
I can't edit my previous posts, but after "digging" everywhere, I canceled the VSF CrPo due to It's thickness and movement and decided to go for "PLANET OCEAN 42MM LIQUIDMETAL LMPO NOOB V5 Edition" from "Puretime", I like the classic look more. It is over-priced but recommended everywhere and suitable for my inner silence in case something will go wrong with the movement in the future.

As I can see on "Puretime", they corrected the case back error "world premiere" It looks the same as the genuine.
Also Jennifer told me they corrected the color (red) of the seconds-hand tip. Hoping everything else will be OK.

I understood from "Puretime" that there Isn't a V6 version from NOOB Factory and the other websites are false advertising it (??).
Waiting for my QC pictures, I'll keep updating.

Thank you all for your help.

Last edited:

Stenn21

6/8/19
Finally, the forum is back :)
I can't edit my previous posts, but after "digging" everywhere, I canceled the VSF CrPo due to It's thickness and movement and decided to go for "PLANET OCEAN 42MM LIQUIDMETAL LMPO NOOB V5 Edition" from "Puretime", I like the classic look more. It is over-priced but recommended everywhere and suitable for my inner silence in case something will go wrong with the movement in the future.

As I can see on "Puretime", they corrected the case back error "world premiere" It looks the same as the genuine.
Also Jennifer told me they corrected the color (red) of the seconds-hand tip. Hoping everything else will be OK.

I understood from "Puretime" that there Isn't a V6 version from NOOB Factory and the other websites are false advertising it (??).
Waiting for my QC pictures, I'll keep updating.

Thank you all for your help.

Could you share the link? I m not able to find the watch

HerGy

17/8/19
Of course, I will start updating once I'll get the QC pictures.

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
Ive got both the Noob V4 LMPO and the VSF PO 43.5, I much prefer the LMPO for its comfort on the wrist, as it also sits lower than the newer PO. Can concur with what PhilippPzy says, the VSF movement came to me dry and was -17 sec after my own testing, works like a charm after teardown and lubrication.

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
The latest LMPO has a flaw on the dial. Most people don't notice it, and it doesn't appear in the pics on your link from puretime. I'd be interested to know if it's on your QC pics, as they may well have fixed it...

HerGy

17/8/19
The latest LMPO has a flaw on the dial. Most people don't notice it, and it doesn't appear in the pics on your link from puretime. I'd be interested to know if it's on your QC pics, as they may well have fixed it...

Please share with us,
What flaw does NOOB LMPO V5 has on It's dial?

Last edited:

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
I'm not talking about the V5. I said "latest version" which is V6. Just because Puretime can't get one, doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

The hash marks either side of the marker at 6 are too short. The V5 you've posted doesn't have the flaw, because it's not the latest version. I'm not sure it has a genuine ceramic dial either. You might want to double check with another TD and maybe read the V6 LMPO thread.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...be-a-super-rep

Last edited:

HerGy

17/8/19
I'm not talking about the V5. I said "latest version" which is V6. Just because Puretime can't get one, doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

The hash marks either side of the marker at 6 are too short. The V5 you've posted doesn't have the flaw, because it's not the latest version. I'm not sure it has a genuine ceramic dial either. You might want to double check with another TD and maybe read the V6 LMPO thread.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...be-a-super-rep

Thank you for the info.
I did follow all threads regarding V5's or V6's versions.

I assumed, since "Puretime" are close to NOOB factory, that if they say that there isn't an official version 6 from NOOB so they probably know what they're saying and won't ruin their reputation by false statements. But I do not rule out the possibility that this version exists (v6).

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
I'd prefer to have the real ceramic dial, but it's your money. If you like it, buy the V5...

The very fact that you're not convinced that the V6 exists, leads me to think you can't possibly have read the linked thread.

Here's a V6 (complete with the dial flaw) from a TD, but I'd still take it over the non-ceramic dial V5.

https://www.intime05.co/omega/5664-p...lon-strap.html

EDIT: just realised you posted the same link to the V6 in your original post. Yet don't believe it exists...?

Last edited: