• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF Omega Seamaster 300m releases coming very soon!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
But it’s not related to this rep but rather the a2824 movement which is one of the most common movements in Chinese reps.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I will need to regulate this movement since it gains too much per my taste. Any first hand experience with rotor removal and that decor plate? Which screws hold it?

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I paid $78 extra for mine.

I've been holding off because I didn't know if I preferred the strap or the bracelet. While my wallet doesn't thank you, I thank you for helping me get both... blue with rose gold and black with rose gold, bracelet and strap. Lol.

ffuhcu

14/7/16
It’s all great looking and feeling premium. The only downside quality wise I’ve noticed is the divers extension is loose and will fold out when I take off the watch. It’s not a big deal for me though.

It looks and feels awesome, simply.

Have you folded it away correctly? Even on the gen Omega forums some people complain about this.

Hard to explain but it's not like the Easylink on my (BP) DateJust where any method of shoving it back works fine. The Omega extension needs to have the first (underneath) part folded away with the rest of the bracelet at 90 degrees to the clasp, then fold the second part down, this causes the first part to hook correctly underneath the bar next to the PUSH button. If not done correctly the first part doesn't hook under. You can't just do it in one swift motion, it needs to be two definite movements. I have no idea if that makes sense, and hopefully it's not patronising but some people don't realise.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929 and stufuse

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Have you folded it away correctly? Even on the gen Omega forums some people complain about this.

Hard to explain but it's not like the Easylink on my (BP) DateJust where any method of shoving it back works fine. The Omega extension needs to have the first (underneath) part folded away with the rest of the bracelet at 90 degrees to the clasp, then fold the second part down, this causes the first part to hook correctly underneath the bar next to the PUSH button. If not done correctly the first part doesn't hook under. You can't just do it in one swift motion, it needs to be two definite movements. I have no idea if that makes sense, and hopefully it's not patronising but some people don't realise.

It’s too loose. No matter how I fold it it folds out way to easily. Like I said it’s not a big problem for me, though. It’s not hard to close the clasp and fold the extension.

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
I've been holding off because I didn't know if I preferred the strap or the bracelet. While my wallet doesn't thank you, I thank you for helping me get both... blue with rose gold and black with rose gold, bracelet and strap. Lol.

I happen to have the gen with both bracelet and strap - take the strap mate, you won't regret it! It gives the sport this sporty yet luxurious look!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I’m a fan of the bracelet but I also got both.

klockjohan

El Patron
5/12/15
EU
It’s too loose. No matter how I fold it it folds out way to easily. Like I said it’s not a big problem for me, though. It’s not hard to close the clasp and fold the extension.

I had the same problem.
Solved it reasonably by tightening the extension. The rod that holds it together was a bit loose.

klockjohan

El Patron
5/12/15
EU
Can you clarify exactly what you did a bit?

I will try. If it is still unclear I can try to add a photo as well.
My English has it's shortcomings, especially when it comes to the richness of words.

As you can see, the extension is composed by two main parts: a bridge-like part connecting to the bracelet, and its link-like counterpart connecting to the clasp. The two part's are then connected together with a small rod or pin.

In order to get that satisfying 'click' that holds the extension folded into place, there is a notch on each outside of the bridge-like part, and a corresponding groove on the inside of the other part.

I used a plier and tightened the small rod holding the parts together.
You can also try to widen the thin gap in the bridge-like part.

Both methods aim to get the notches hold on better to the grooves I mentioned earlier.

I hope that clarifies a bit.

Kin regards

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I will try. If it is still unclear I can try to add a photo as well.
My English has it's shortcomings, especially when it comes to the richness of words.

As you can see, the extension is composed by two main parts: a bridge-like part connecting to the bracelet, and its link-like counterpart connecting to the clasp. The two part's are then connected together with a small rod or pin.

In order to get that satisfying 'click' that holds the extension folded into place, there is a notch on each outside of the bridge-like part, and a corresponding groove on the inside of the other part.

I used a plier and tightened the small rod holding the parts together.
You can also try to widen the thin gap in the bridge-like part.

Both methods aim to get the notches hold on better to the grooves I mentioned earlier.

I hope that clarifies a bit.

Kin regards

A photo or two would help...
Thanks for your advice regarding this issue.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16

Mrpong

15/9/19
I own the V1 of this and so far it's perfect. Only thing I will upgrade, maybe, is the bracelet. The fading some people referred to was to the word "Seamaster" in some VSF 43.5mm Planet Oceans, a different model.

Great.. Thank a lot.

Reactions: leo6929