• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF Omega Seamaster 300m releases coming very soon!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Just got it and it's absolutely breathtaking. Holy smokes indeed.

F$@#%K
efb8b4eac9cf1c7487660a40e44f0888.jpg
4a0ebcf5a0e9f7c4165678fed0a556de.jpg

Sent from my Seamaster 300m RG using Tapatalk

Congrats man. It’s stunning :)

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Moza

Horology Curious
2/7/19
It took Li about 3 days to get to me

Hong Kong protests, raids on ARF and JF and heavy traffic have slowed down his usual super speedy QC.

I hope you get yours soon brother

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Yes I spoke with Li yesterday and he said they were moving office with all the raids going on, but he said he'd still get my QC to me this week.

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Nice! I swapped my bracelet to the rubber strap..I think I like it better with the rubber, it's more tapered.

Looks really nice.

I might have to update my order to include the strap before it is sent.
Takes away the 'Bling' a bit, and makes it look more everyday.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Mate, could you tell us some more about it?
So for the first part people in Hong Kong are protesting an extradition bill that the government is trying to implement that would allow people from Hong Kong to be sent to China to be arrested which is seen as a violation of freedom and democracy in Hong Kong. So because of this heavy traffic and clogs in airports are frequent.

There has also been recent news of raids and arrests in JF and ARF factories. There's a major thread on that if you search "JF ARF Raid" that explains things in greater detail. So that is why many trusted dealers are moving offices in order to keep safe.

It truly is an incredible feat managing all the orders at at the same time staying safe. I cannot imagine the stress fear and risk they take and truly respect them, and am grateful for the service that they provide. They deserve every cent they get.

On another note quality control has gotten more stringent and precarious as more people are informed and connected through the internet. With rejections and replacing watches it takes even longer, and also when there is a backlog.

Plenty of variables and customs risks as well. It's an incredible journey of chance, skill and willpower that leads to these watches being on our wrists today.

Sent from my DHGate Shitter using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Moza

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I'll be writing a review on this now. Looking forward to writing a f**k ton lmao

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xartan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I can’t wait. My TD got the RG version by accident. So I have to wait for the YG version. Not a big deal but I’m waiting in anticipation :).

Moza

Horology Curious
2/7/19
I can’t wait. My TD got the RG version by accident. So I have to wait for the YG version. Not a big deal but I’m waiting in anticipation :).

Li did that for me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Received mine and was not very happy with the bezel numbers, some were uneven in color. So I did the sharpie mod on the bezel. Happy now :)
80555eda64799e22ce38a67be0bcf5fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Received my QC's over the weekend, while RWI was down.

Gave me a bit of a headache reviewing them and trying to work out if it was good or bad.

I'll show and any other opinion is welcome.

mmexport1567393202424-1.jpg

Had a bit of a shock when i saw this Bezel/Dial alignment Looks way off..1,2,3,4,5 look ok 6,7,8,9,10,11,12 look misaligned

All other were similar

mmexport1567393203250.jpg

Deciding if this was due to camera angle or slightly twisted bezel when QC pics were taken was a headache.

Eventually I had to decide using the pic below

mmexport1567393201578-2.jpg

The Pic Before it was taken out of the box.
From this pic alignment looks ok.
Surely it would be difficult to get the sort error shown in pic 1/2 when all bezel are engraved by machine and all dials are printed using same method?

As you have more experience with QC's than me. What do you all think?

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
This alignment problem in QC pics also happened to me. Eventually I accepted. Upon receiving the watch I found that the problem is that the insert is off by a hair to the left. Bezel and dial are fine, but I need to find a way to re -align the insert a tiny bit to the right.

Last edited: