• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Planet Ocean Bracelet link issue

Hogzy

Horology Curious
7/7/19
EU
So just got this VSF Planet Ocean 8500 delivered today. Is it me or is the first link protruding out quite a bit from the end link. I noticed it the minute I tried it on. Id be curious to know other peoples opinions are. Its like its not flush or something, really annoying me. Not sure if its a quality issue or if its just the design of the rep.

https://ibb.co/8Bpqhzh
https://ibb.co/tsY562t

For some reason I cannot embed the pictures so sorry about that.

PO1

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
This has to do with your wrist being too small. It is normal.

Reactions: Hogzy

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
I have a slim wrist too and my Omega looks exactly the same. It's normal for slim wristers like us.

Reactions: Hogzy

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
Sorry to burst your bubble guys, I’m a huge fan of the 42mm PO, but there is a difference to gen bracelet end link, some guy on the main VSF PO thread replaced it with gen and it no longer shows the protruding link :(

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
Sorry to burst your bubble guys, I’m a huge fan of the 42mm PO, but there is a difference to gen bracelet end link, some guy on the main VSF PO thread replaced it with gen and it no longer shows the protruding link :(

I don't suppose you have a link to that thread do you mate? If that's the case I may be on the hunt for gen too! Thanks for your input.

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
it would be useful for me as well
I've been trawling/researching the "main VSF PO thread" and can't find anything about replacing with a gen bracelet. I'm not sure the "some guy on a thread posted" quote holds up for me and won't be looking for a gen bracelet anytime soon
. I'm quite happy to live with my Omega as it is unless I come across any decent info or first hand experience from any fellow members who would be kind enough to leave a link pointing me in the right direction.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I've been trawling/researching the "main VSF PO thread" and can't find anything about replacing with a gen bracelet. I'm not sure the "some guy on a thread posted" quote holds up for me and won't be looking for a gen bracelet anytime soon
. I'm quite happy to live with my Omega as it is unless I come across any decent info or first hand experience from any fellow members who would be kind enough to leave a link pointing me in the right direction.

yep i agree

Hogzy

Horology Curious
7/7/19
EU
Did you guys check out the new 43.5 planet ocean with the two piece end links the go straight down from the lugs

Iv been looking at the 43.5 and the 42mm VSF versions and cannot differentiate between the end links on the bracelets.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
And video capture of gen. Maybe a slight difference but for me I don't think it would justify the price hike

2570c2d2e6a5a40d39ca06aec062603a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
And video capture of gen. Maybe a slight difference but for me I don't think it would justify the price hike

2570c2d2e6a5a40d39ca06aec062603a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree, not worth the money for a small difference. Even my OCD isn't that bothered about it lol!

Reactions: leo6929

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
Alright guys, I’m just saying it was different nor do I think the price difference it’s justified, actually when I found out the difference since I’m small wristed too, I changed my order for the SMP.

Here is the aforementioned reference https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...o-with-their-8500-super-clone-movement/page64

Also a comparison of mine I did on the main VSF Crpo thread

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...00-super-clone-movement?p=7583146#post7583146

What I observed is that the SEL pivot point is higher on the rep, hence causing a more noticeable break.

I do have a question for you guys, who actually own the watch, how do you find the rubber strap, are you satisfied with the overall quality/durability?

Reactions: leo6929