• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st Omega Speedmaster - Complete NOOB

jaypac

Horology Curious
11/3/18
Hey guys, I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these but I'm having a hard time finding a speedy with (relatively speaking) minimal "flaws" :confused:. I cannot for the life of me see the inconsistencies in the photo comparisons. Is it fair to say that since the OMF one is 50% more, its got fewer "flaws" ? Any insight would be very much appreciate!

https://www.intime04.co/omega/2980-...-bracelet-manual-winding-chrono-movement.html

VS

https://www.intime04.co/omega/5741-...-bracelet-manual-winding-chrono-movement.html

VS

https://www.intime04.co/omega/4272-...-on-ss-bracelet-a9300-free-leather-strap.html

overmind3p4c

Known Member
10/6/19
No good ones out there unfortunately, here's a nice read for long summer evenings :

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ch-info-inside

You'd be much better off with a nice VSF ceramic Seamaster Pro or a Planet Ocean.
Is this because a clone or similar manual wind chronograph movement is too difficult to replicate cheaply? I doubt it's because there's a lack of demand but I could be wrong

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Is this because a clone or similar manual wind chronograph movement is too difficult to replicate cheaply? I doubt it's because there's a lack of demand but I could be wrong

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's not difficult I suppose, the gen movement is an ancient simple movement. If they could do the 8500 clone, it should be entirely possible. Let's not forget the Rolex 4130 clone. They just don't wanna.. :D It's a big investment and they must think it wouldn't be profitable. It's a business after all. But it's a shame, I'd jump on it in a second!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Checking this exactly now too. I'd say at the moment the OMF is the less bad, mainly because of the caseback, the profile seems also better too, with the bezel being closer to the genuine. Oh, and it says "Professional" on the dial, while on the other it doesn't. I'd go with the OMF straight away.

Of course all of them bear the same distance between sundials which is just wrong, but for anyone looking to get a nice Moonwatch I'm sure they would work.

Reactions: johnlogan

Watchloverz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/19
EU
In fact, no one except an expert or insider will notice that it is a rep. Buy the model you like because none will be 100% compliant ;-). That’s what I did with the DSOTM, even with errors, the model remains beautiful ;-)

Mgrolex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/19
UK
I would save and save for a grey market or pre owned gen , this is worth the wait

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Checking this exactly now too. I'd say at the moment the OMF is the less bad, mainly because of the caseback, the profile seems also better too, with the bezel being closer to the genuine. Oh, and it says "Professional" on the dial, while on the other it doesn't. I'd go with the OMF straight away.

Of course all of them bear the same distance between sundials which is just wrong, but for anyone looking to get a nice Moonwatch I'm sure they would work.

I just ordered this. Will post a few QCs. Best SP REP so far.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
You mean for all watches? You don't keep any gen at all?!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Bold! And fascinating too, indeed. I'm on a low rep count phase now but I presume it will change in a couple or more months, anyway.

This is a liquid hobby. A watch I love today might be replaced by something else in just a few weeks time. I’m currently “off” Rolex and deep into Omegas. A brand that got me hooked in the first place. It’s hard selling GEN Omegas with a descent ROI.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
PT had issues “finding” my BTC payment. It’s sorted now. Hopefully QCs on Monday. Reverting. I’m looking forward to this :)

PT is having issues find lots of things these days!...my sent back repair watch included...

I am am looking forward to see pics of your Speedy

Reactions: johnlogan