• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Factories for 42mm Planet Ocean...

JeanZee

Known Member
26/9/15
Looking to get a 42mm Planet Ocean Professional (Ceramic/LiquidMetal)... Factories making this model: OMF, VSF, MK... all in 'general' $$ range...
Wondering which factory makes the quality rep with least issues..
Thanks

Last edited:

Shogo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/4/19
It's funny how everyone recommends VSF while Noob has a great LMPO V6. Tell me folks, what are you gonna do if your fancy clone movements break? With the noob you can repair it or swap it for a gen movement.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
It's funny how everyone recommends VSF while Noob has a great LMPO V6. Tell me folks, what are you gonna do if your fancy clone movements break? With the noob you can repair it or swap it for a gen movement.

Most likely you can install an A2836/ ETA 2836 if it does. The VSF movement isn't a true co-axial.

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU

1. Not everybody a wants watch that is limited to 1948 pieces.
2. Somebody also wants a watch with exhibition caseback but without obvious tells.
3. If it breaks - take it to your watchsmith, usually he can repair it because most of the parts are compatible with non-clone movements. Or buy a new movement. Or buy a new watch. You could ask the same thing for all asian ETA clones. Those are all risks and fun while being part of rep scene.

Reactions: phdsjain

Shogo

27/4/19
1. Not everybody a wants watch that is limited to 1948 pieces.
2. Somebody also wants a watch with exhibition caseback but without obvious tells.
3. If it breaks - take it to your watchsmith, usually he can repair it because most of the parts are compatible with non-clone movements. Or buy a new movement. Or buy a new watch. You could ask the same thing for all asian ETA clones. Those are all risks and fun while being part of rep scene.

Please read the 8500 movement thread before spreading misinformation. Most of the parts are NOT compatible with non-clone movements.

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
Please read the 8500 movement thread before spreading misinformation. Most of the parts are NOT compatible with non-clone movements.

Please go read https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/omega-replicas/7529859-full-review-of-the-vsf-8500-clone-movement-pic-heavy thread and stop bitching and moaning (that's all you do in your 14 posts). There you will see that lot (not all, of course) of parts are 2824 / 7750 interchangeable. Is it easy to fix clone movement ? No. But can it be done by able watchsmith ? Yes, definitely.
We still don't have enough information (besides above mentioned thread where nothing is broken, simply serviced) to simply dismiss one movement as trash.
Before clone movement people were complaining how movements in Omegas are the biggest tell and chinese should do something about it. Now that we have clone movement (remind you, first version of it) people are moaning that they cannot be repaired as easy as regular clones.
If you don't want the risk of $250-$400 fake watch brake, then go buy original watch, simple as that.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Please go read https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/omega-replicas/7529859-full-review-of-the-vsf-8500-clone-movement-pic-heavy thread and stop bitching and moaning (that's all you do in your 14 posts). There you will see that lot (not all, of course) of parts are 2824 / 7750 interchangeable. Is it easy to fix clone movement ? No. But can it be done by able watchsmith ? Yes, definitely.
We still don't have enough information (besides above mentioned thread where nothing is broken, simply serviced) to simply dismiss one movement as trash.
Before clone movement people were complaining how movements in Omegas are the biggest tell and chinese should do something about it. Now that we have clone movement (remind you, first version of it) people are moaning that they cannot be repaired as easy as regular clones.
If you don't want the risk of $250-$400 fake watch brake, then go buy original watch, simple as that.

+1
Also, now VSF reps are the best Omega reps on the market.
Other makers are behind, and except lowering the prices - they have no arguments to compete with VSF.
From time to time we can see a newjoiner, a low post specimen whos only goal is to discredit VSF movements. :yawn:
I would just suggest to ignore those individuals.

Redislandmonkey

1/5/19
Both Noob and VS factories have great omega reps but the majority of opinion recently seem to suggest that VSf have the edge at the moment - particularly with the SMP diver v2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

@shogo

+1000

I am already tired of Shogo's bitchin and he has been here for all of 15 minutes and has 15 posts, all of which are about the same as far as I can tell.

Not the best start bud

Shogo

27/4/19
+1
Also, now VSF reps are the best Omega reps on the market.
Other makers are behind, and except lowering the prices - they have no arguments to compete with VSF.
From time to time we can see a newjoiner, a low post specimen whos only goal is to discredit VSF movements. :yawn:
I would just suggest to ignore those individuals.

If VSF are considered the best omega reps then I‘m glad I don‘t own one. Just read the VSF Seamaster 300 thread where 90% of QC has crooked 12 hour markers and crooked wave dials.

P.S Good luck finding a watch smith who is willed to work on the clone movements. Only because SOME parts are interchangeable it doesn‘t mean that any watchsmith will work with it. You guys cry about my skeptical attitude and call it „bitching“ while I‘m positive that people like you are the first ones to cry when their movements break after six months. Get real

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Here is my VSF Planet Ocean 42mm. It arrived yesterday. It’s performing very well with a amplitude of 306 degrees, beat error 0.2 ms and timekeeping +1.2s/d. Looking good too! Today I’m teaching it to BBQ. ;-)
0e1d1de46a99928fc859c66b9045ac81.jpg

I don’t know if it will perform this well a month from now, but in the rep game you have to play and take your chanses. After all it’s just 300 bucks or so. Just my 2 cents.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
If VSF are considered the best omega reps then I‘m glad I don‘t own one. Just read the VSF Seamaster 300 thread where 90% of QC has crooked 12 hour markers and crooked wave dials.

P.S Good luck finding a watch smith who is willed to work on the clone movements. Only because SOME parts are interchangeable it doesn‘t mean that any watchsmith will work with it. You guys cry about my skeptical attitude and call it „bitching“ while I‘m positive that people like you are the first ones to cry when their movements break after six months. Get real

Dude, stop talking bullshit. Of course there are pieces with QC issues in that thread because people usually post when they have problems. How many people are who have zero issues with their reps and they haven't had reason or desire to post about it.
We have here 2 watchmakers who already work on those movements - one in USA, one in Europe. I asked my local watchsmith and he said just bring it on when you have issues. He doesn't care if it's rep or not. For him watch is a watch and as long as he get payed for his work he will do it. And what the fuck do you care if movement in my watch breaks in 6 months ?
And yet you still whine across the threads about VSF and their reps but you have zero watches from them. And people should trust you because you've read something somewhere in the past few weeks ?
Get real !

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

Yes, let's get real.
The real deal is - all of your posts here are focused on bashing VSF or their movement.
That's your only 'contribution' to Omega section and looks like your only goal.
Still, you've never owned a rep with VSF movement or you are not even aware how many watchsmits has serviced this movement already.

It is not surprising. We have seen such accounts already. Since VSF had released their rep - you are 4th or 5th "user" who operates in the same way - came out of the nowhere, has 10-20 posts and the main goal is to discredit VSF' omega watches.

You are a sock. Stop that BS and better tell to your Factory, that:
1. Except MKS SMPc - VSF replicas are the best Omega replicas on the market,
2. First VSF clone movement was very succesful and VSF has already released the updates in that clone,
3. More and more people has serviced these clones and the performance of such movement is solid,
4. People are no longer buying my BS as they realized I am a mole,
5. Our factory has three options;
- either you will develop own clone.... but big big money are needed to do so..,
- either you stick with the decorated Eta-s, but price should be reduced, significantly,
- or, you will switch to replicas of the other brand. Like Rolex for examples, there is a huge market for the best sub.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matty369 and PO42

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Every single post you have made is a VSF bashing post, who is paying you to trash them? I suggest you pull ya head in and give it a break.

Reactions: JeanZee and obrienk

AP786

Known Member
Certified
1/9/13
Shogo GO buy GEN !!!!!!!!!!! after you are in Replica watch forum & you are bashing replica watch !!!!!!! common dude .