• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help needed: Omega Noob LMPO V6 broken

oddragon

Horology Curious
8/4/19
SoCal
So I purchased a Omega Noob LMPO V6 M2M, it was delivered no issues. Have worn for about 2 days but woke up this morning to find it died overnight around 1AM. I can hear rotor spinning but the most it does is make the second hand kind of wobble forward and back a little. Time adjustment & date adjustment still work.

Any ideas? I'm open to sending it to someone (CONUS) for diagnosis/service if that makes sense. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

pfargo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/19
Try the Oligarch. He looked at my watch and was fast and was very fair on price.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
What do you mean by manual wind? I didn't think it had that.

Unscrew then pull the crown to the first position, wind it clockwise 30-40 times for a full wind.
If the movement starts then you can at least use the watch and have confirmed that the problem is with the automatic wind rather than the movement itself.

Sent from the RWI App

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Give it a full manual wind and then if worn daily the autowind should keep it topped up to last overnight, if after winding the movement continues to stop when not worn overnight the autowind might be faulty, I suspect it just that you didn't know that even an automatic watch needs to be manually wound initially

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
I've never wound any of mine. I just shake them a few times then wear them.

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
Yes, if starts after manual wind thats good. Wind it 30 times, shake it in an air figure 8 20 or so more, wear it all day, and report back. That should put it at full power reserve on the mainspring.

oddragon

Horology Curious
8/4/19
SoCal
Unfortunately the manual wind doesn't do anything. Shaking it around in figure 8's and such at least makes the second hand move a little, just back and for a second or 2.

I've never had to manual wind a watch first, didn't know that was a thing. But this is also M2M so technically it's already been broken in. I don't know how long the previous owner had it for, but it was working when I received it.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Unfortunately the manual wind doesn't do anything. Shaking it around in figure 8's and such at least makes the second hand move a little, just back and for a second or 2.

I've never had to manual wind a watch first, didn't know that was a thing. But this is also M2M so technically it's already been broken in. I don't know how long the previous owner had it for, but it was working when I received it.

I think there is a bit of confusion here, it's got nothing to do with "being broken in" your watch will need to be manually wound to fully charge the power reserve then when the watch is worn the movement of you wearing it will keep this reserve topped up, so in theory if worn daily an automatic watch should never need manually winding, if however you allow the watch to stop by not wearing for a day or two then it will need manually winding again to fully charge the movement, by just shaking the watch a few times and wearing it will be enough to start it but not charge the mainspring enough to keep it running overnight.

unscrew the crown until o pops out, do not pull it out any further, then wind IT clockwise 20 or so times, do not pull it out further because that's the date and time changing positions.

oddragon

Horology Curious
8/4/19
SoCal
Thanks, I did it correctly, was just a poor choice of words. My point is that it was working before. I guess the next step is diagnosis / repair somewhere.

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
oddragon i bought a brand new LMPO V6 a few months ago. About a week after receiving it I noticed it loosing time. Actually i figured out it wasnt losing time, bit stopping very often in almost the same spot. Then by hitting it slightly with my hand it would start going again. I took it to a watchsmith who wanted to charge me $230 to service it. After getting back from him it was running again strangely. I did how ever notice the crwon stem not feeling right and after about a week it started stopping again. Through some advice on this forum I learnt that movement the LMPO v6 uses is a Sagull ST1812. Actually a pretty good chinese movement. Long story short, i ordered a brand new Seagull movement for $100 of the Bay. Swopped it in by watching youtube videos and reading online a bit. Now it runs like a champ! I then opened up the old movement, removed the balance assembly and oiled the pivots as the movement seemed bone dry. I then correctly configured the keyless works an voila! I have a spare movement thats works 100%. I also lewrnt a lot about movements in the same time and now just want to open up all my reps and tinker with then, hahaha. Thats the great thing about this hobby. I would never have tried opening up gens, so would never have learnt this skills.

oddragon

Horology Curious
8/4/19
SoCal
Weird, are you sure it uses a Seagull? The TD's have it using an A2982.

Mine is currently with Katt, might of had some kind of obstruction. It's been running a couple days straight now and will likely be headed back soon if nothing changes.

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
ST1812 and A2892 are the same. Its an Asian clone of the 2892.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
oddragon yeah its the same thing. Strangely the new movement came well lubed, whereas the one in the LMPO V6 wasn’t at all. I figured these movements are good enough, and cheap enough to keep replacing if necessary. But in most cases a good service would do.