• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Omega Are You Wearing V2

ARomero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/19
1252b5a2f9657a55fe373240be74ed34.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Nobby you are no Nooby, you have some serious watches already :)
Thank you very much C Master - that's given me a warm glow of pride...

(A glow that's only slightly dulled by the knowledge that - having taken this Ploppy apart to measure up the movement spacer ring - I've put it back together with a spec of dust trapped under the crystal... D'oh!)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Thank you very much C Master - that's given me a warm glow of pride...

(A glow that's only slightly dulled by the knowledge that - having taken this Ploppy apart to measure up the movement spacer ring - I've put it back together with a spec of dust trapped under the crystal... D'oh!)

Well you are braver than me. I cheat and bring everything to a watchmaker :)

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Well you are braver than me. I cheat and bring everything to a watchmaker :)
I'd rather not be practising disassembly/assembly on one of my grail watches, but I have all the parts I need to build another Ploppy except for the spacer, so I took it apart to measure it up for finding another. My deal with myself when I got into this hobby (knowing I was going to get obsessive!) was that I must learn how to fix them if they break - even if that just means replacing a movement. Plus, I don't have a local watchsmith to go to! :)

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
The above pic was yesterday in Waikiki.
click on the link below to see comparison pics of the same watch on wrist to the gen in window at the Omega boutique in Waikiki:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/omega-replicas/7230672-vsf-2018-seamaster-diver-300m/page204

Nice comparison there. I read on some watch review site about a Rolex AirKing that was sold with 2 9s. It passed all checks but no one spotted the double 9 so a gen Omega being misaligned appears normal lol.

Reactions: Lagunax

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
Bought the mitsukoshi dial and handset online and put it on a gen speedy

Is my daily driver now until I sell I, then will probably make another