• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster 300 Project

Marclnd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
3/1/19
UK
Hello, please can I ask for some advice? I have a seamaster 300 master coaxial VSF 1 version (not the spectre edition) and I would like to do some mods...I was thinking about putting a gen bezel liquid metal and change the movement to a better one that it currently has...(I believe it is a miyota).
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
In order to swap movements, you have to check the stem heights both movements, both should have the same or very close value. I think I remeber to ask this before, and as far as I can remember 2824 was possible with moddings, you also will need new hands and mod the dial feet.

bezel replacing its a cool mod but will be very hard to source a gen one, people demonized the miyota due the infamous stuttering (wich is not really stuttering but hand SLIP, wich means that movemnt runs and keeps time perfectly, the so called issue is about the seconds hand slipping, movement dont looses or gains time! (very reliable!), so it maybe not a bad idea to keep the movement ( unless you are planning to go gen 8400)

Reactions: vcappp

Marclnd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
3/1/19
UK
Hello d4v4, thanks a lot for your inputs. Much appreciated.

What about if I want to change the dial?

And also, what would you recommend to make the movement less wobbly when setting up time?

Thanks