• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster reduced from intime watch, blatant copy or copy from older model?

BrainDamage

Looking Around
7/3/19
I am Really new to watches and replica watches, so excuse my "noobiness"
This is a replica of omega speedmaster reduced (right?) from intimewatch.
https://www.intime04.co/omega/2980-speedmaster-moonwatch-ss-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-manual-winding-chrono-movement.html

and there are a few things ive noticed arent true to the original speedy reduced:

1. Size, all the speedy reduceds ive found on google are 38 mm across, this one is 42 mm (like the professional)

2. It lacks automatic function, all the speedy reduceds ive found are automatic, this one is manually wound only (also, like the professional)

3. Text, all the other reduced have text that say "automatic", this one doesnt (see picture above and below for comparison)
Omega-Speedmaster-Reduced-II-3539.50.00-1.jpg

So, is the speedy intime is offering a blatant copy, or a copy of a older, more obscure, model?

I have looked around for a few hours and i just cant find a answer, so i am asking here.

Any answers are appreciated!

-prick

15/1/17
its not the reduced.
it should resemble the normal speedmaster but due to the spacing of the chrono on chinese clone movements the spacing of the subdials is incorrect.
also all reps of the speedmaster are too fat. there sadly isnt a good replica

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
There are countless threads and posts about speedmaster. Sadly the guy posting above that all are poor is not wrong. Many of us would happily buy one or more of they ever made a decent rep. The problem is that there isn't a good movement that they can use without coming up with something new which is very expensive/cost prohibitive for the rep makers. The result is they keep coming out with variations that have the wrong subdial spacing and cases that are too thick.

mujidominic

Renowned Member
28/8/15
Eventually you'll end up buying a gen speedmaster, everybody does, at some point in time.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I have been almost 11 year on the forum and i have not see a good moonwatch rep. Ι do not know if they will manage it or not but i am pretty sure that soon or later you will get a gen one, its inevitable!

Reactions: k4jun

-prick

15/1/17
I got tired of waiting and bought the (gen) Bulova Moonwatch for $400 .. I love it! Oh yeah, it went to the moon, so it's got history too ..
th
th

fantastic if you are happy with it, but to me this wouldnt be a good alternative
it doesnt resemble the speedmaster at all

saving up for gen too..

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I had the Bulova too. It did nothing for me, it felt cheap and looked awkward on my wrist, it doesn't look anything like the Omega Moonwatch. But I suppose it would be cool in 42mm and with automatic movement.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
….. know the Bulova isn't for everybody … The look of both watches was mandated by NASA, so they look similar with their own personality .. the grail is still a GEN Omega Moonwatch though...I get it! ..
buzz_aldrin_omega.jpg

Reactions: magoohkg