• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally a 1:1 Moonwatch?

blahblah484

Horology Curious
13/1/19
Is there finally a functional, working chrono Moonwatch? I've seen this on Trustytime. Wondering what you all think. Any flaws? Dial spacing?

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
The microstep quartz has the chrono function working but subdial layout is not accurate

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
Several threads on this one. Missing dot on the bezel over the 110. AMD 18.5 mm thick.

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa

This new lume shot posted over at intime really shows off the missing dot at 110... such a shame would really love a good rep of this amazing watch.

Reactions: vcappp and Damasco

madmax1967

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/19
Italy
Really, I love Speedies and I got a broad arrow GEN many years ago, when the prices were human...
I'd buy a good TDSOTM on the spot, but that missing dot keeps staring at me... (?!?)
I cannot look at the watch without falling on THAT missing dot... embarrassing...

ffuhcu

14/7/16
I'm sure I read somewhere that the missing dot was being fixed for final release. Worth asking your TD anyway if that's the only thing holding you back.

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
If you can live with the ridiculous thickness, and the price, then go for it.

Reactions: vcappp

blahblah484

Horology Curious
13/1/19
Thickness appears to be off by 2 mm. Is that right? I think the gen is 16.5 and this is 18.5. How is it that there aren't good reps of these?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Thickness appears to be off by 2 mm. Is that right? I think the gen is 16.5 and this is 18.5. How is it that there aren't good reps of these?

It's the movement. There isn't currently a movement that the rep makers have available to them that would allow them to get everything right. Movements are difficult and expensive to make/develop and hence no good reps as of yet.

Btw,
18.5 vs 16.5 is no small flaw. It is like the Grand Canyon, it is hard to miss. Not only is it a huge flaw, any watch that is 18+ mm thick is just grossly too thick to be practical.

-prick

15/1/17
dont buy it!!
this price alone... i mean what the hell? prices gone up on all watches like crazy and they still sell like hot cakes
if the watch would be accurate and genlike you could think about it but this...?

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
It's the movement. There isn't currently a movement that the rep makers have available to them that would allow them to get everything right. Movements are difficult and expensive to make/develop and hence no good reps as of yet.

Btw,
18.5 vs 16.5 is no small flaw. It is like the Grand Canyon, it is hard to miss. Not only is it a huge flaw, any watch that is 18+ mm thick is just grossly too thick to be practical.

The gen speed masters use a modified 7750 as well which are thick. Don't know what movement you think Omega are using for their Chrono watches but it doesn't exist.
These omega reps are absolutely brilliant. Thickness is slightly off but that's the domed crystal and caseback.

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
The gen speed masters use a modified 7750 as well which are thick. Don't know what movement you think Omega are using for their Chrono watches but it doesn't exist.
These omega reps are absolutely brilliant. Thickness is slightly off but that's the domed crystal and caseback.

Dude,
you have 6 posts....
I try and be helpful and I get someone that has been here for 2 minutes trying to tell me that I don't know what I am talking about. Do some homework and get back to me. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of threads about this very topic.

Thickness is NOT slightly off. This thing is an abortion gone wrong

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Really disgusting, 618 $ for a piece of junk.

I really hope they develop a clone movement for the speedmaster.

these knock offs are quite annoying
Why a clone movement?what's wrong with the clone ETAs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
My aborted child is beautiful. If you don't like thicker watches made from a 7750 movement, don't buy them.