• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Full review of the VSF 8500 clone movement *Pic Heavy*

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Thanks for your time an information, very interesting stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
Adrian has started the tear down of my A8500 and order all the genuine 2824 and 7750 parts that will fit... :)

How much is that costing? Considering doing the same...

Feel free to PM me if you prefer :)

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
How much is that costing? Considering doing the same...

Feel free to PM me if you prefer :)

No price given yet , You would have to ask him directly. PM: Ado213

Also he is in UK , But I'm in California and for me he is always my #1 choice, We have some great watch Smiths across all the Boards. I recommend, Strodda, Misiekped, Tickleshoes and occb2. I also recently found Unreformed66 over at Homage forum who does everything from a cheap A6497 to a Genuine Omega 863 and of course a Rolex 3135 . These are the only ones I fully endorse there are other watch smith's out there that quite frankly suck but I won't publicly name names

Last edited:

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I can now confirm that Swiss ETA 2824-2 reversing wheels are a direct fit. I'm in the process servicing one now that had a faulty reversing wheel so I had to change it. Result is superb, winding is smooth and I think the autowind is more efficient.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
There are some improvements on the ratchet click in the new batches. On my early the little spring can easy jump out of place before the click is tightened with its screw. The new style have a slot for the spring end and is much more reliable.

New
IMG-8350.png

Old
IMG-8351.png

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
There are some improvements on the ratchet click in the new batches. On my early the little spring can easy jump out of place before the click is tightened with its screw. The new style have a slot for the spring end and is much more reliable.

New
IMG-8350.png

Old
IMG-8351.png

Thank You for your continuing work and improvement of this movement and this great thread

Reactions: k4jun

recoil

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/18
santre22 thank you, you are the best :)
If I were to majorly screw up and ruin the movement could I replace the movement with a ETA 2824-2, would this movement fit one for one? yet again thank you for sharing all your knowlege I appreciate it.

recoil

6/12/18
santre22 One more question please, I looked for the "Swiss ETA 2824-2 reversing wheels" and I did find 2 different part numbers ...

- ETA REVERSE AUXILIARY WHEEL FOR 2824-2 PART # 1530
- ETA REVERSE WHEEL FOR 2824-2 PART # 1488

Could you please point out what wheels are correct? I am guessing 2 pcs of the #1488, however I just wanted to make sure. Thank you yet again :)

Reactions: vcappp

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
santre22 One more question please, I looked for the "Swiss ETA 2824-2 reversing wheels" and I did find 2 different part numbers ...

- ETA REVERSE AUXILIARY WHEEL FOR 2824-2 PART # 1530
- ETA REVERSE WHEEL FOR 2824-2 PART # 1488

Could you please point out what wheels are correct? I am guessing 2 pcs of the #1488, however I just wanted to make sure. Thank you yet again :)

Hi!

its one of the 1488 and one 1530 they are little different. The rotor connect to booth reversing wheels but the 1530 only connect to rotor and the 1488. The 1488 connect to rotor, the 1530 and last to the rest of the gear train.

IMG-8360.jpg

The 2824-2 movement isn't compatible at all with the VSF watches. It's only that the custom 8500 movement clone use a few components from existing movements like 2824, 7750 etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: phdsjain

recoil

6/12/18
santre22 Thank you for all the answers! So in other words I better don't #$ck it up, there is no movement replacement other than the VSF ;)
I am going to order the wheels to replace them, is there any other parts from other movements that would improve the VSF movement? I saw you mention that the keyless parts are the same as a, 7750 would it be worth replacing those? If I am going to take it all apart might as well replace every part that could improve it. Thank you!!

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
santre22 Thank you for all the answers! So in other words I better don't #$ck it up, there is no movement replacement other than the VSF ;)
I am going to order the wheels to replace them, is there any other parts from other movements that would improve the VSF movement? I saw you mention that the keyless parts are the same as a, 7750 would it be worth replacing those? If I am going to take it all apart might as well replace every part that could improve it. Thank you!!

If you don't have any obvious problems with the keyless it isn't worth changing. The reversing wheels should be easy to change as you only have to remove the rotor then deco plate and then the actual auto winding bridge. The movement can stay in the case and in that process and the reversing wheels make a big difference.

recoil

6/12/18
santre22 I do want to go all out and disassemble the watch for a cleaning and lubing, my watch didn't come with a great movement, I do about -10 day and also perhaps this might be user error but I can't seem to be able to wind the watch with the stem. When I unscrew the stem "I think" I should be able to wind it on that first position (please correct me if I am wrong) if I am correct I should be feeling clicking as it winds but I just feel resistance with no clicking, the watch does wind with use. I have let it run out of reserve power and tried to wind it with the stem but it did not work, I tried other positions on the stem if I remember well next one would be hours and next minutes didn't feel other positions where I can try winding.
Anyhow that is one more reason to take it apart and check if everything looks right hence my question if there was any other parts that I could source easely that would make a difference since I am going to have the movement all disassabled and this would be the best time to make upgrades to it. Million thanks :)

AndyDav55

Known Member
Certified
13/2/18
Probably the best review/write up ever. I really want an omega AT with the 8500 movement

nyriyadh

Known Member
9/4/12
Santre22

This is an amazing and excellent documentary

Will keep as a reference

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
As the pallet fork seems to be the same or very similar to an a2824-2 I think it's 50 degrees.

However I tested the movement between 50-52 and the amplitude differ around 10-15 degrees.

Thank You, I went back through the pictures and saw you used 51 and 52 but I guessed 50 only because I knew it used some 2824 parts. I got mine from back from Adrian and its running great but moving a few links around on the bracelet the screw heads are really soft. Will post Pictures latter.