No announcement yet.

Full review of the VSF 8500 clone movement *Pic Heavy*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s usually a good thing to service the watch when received as replicas mostly have poor lubrications. However if you not plan to keep the watch it’s quite a investment to pay around 150€ for a complete service or even more if you upgrade it with some Swiss eta gears. I have about 10 VSF with the clone movement at the moment and I didn’t service all of them just the ones I frequently use. The others just waiting for service when I have time and motivation to do it.

I don't have a Hublot for sale!!!

Comment

Thanks @santre22, what's the usual lifespan of a watch (VSF 8500) unserviced? Am I lucky mine has run more or less non-stop for 13 months or is that usual? For the first time in months I didn't wear it today, I thought I'd give it a rest until I can find someone to service it …. that said, it has a reserve of about 55 - 60 hours so hasn't stopped yet,
      Last edited by madbill71; 29-10-19, 22:26.

Comment

It’s impossible to say, I have a 21j Rolex sub that was bought in 2006 that’s still runs without any service, and I’ve had a genuine Oris Aquis that stoped after 8 months and was sent to warranty because gears was worn out as a result of bad lubrications.
        my recommendation is to have it serviced then you don’t have to worry for a few years if taking good care of it.
        Last edited by santre22; 30-10-19, 05:44.
        I don't have a Hublot for sale!!!

Comment

Very informative thread and excellent pictorial of the movement being disassembled and serviced, should be sticky

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Serviced by ado213 6 months ago and it starts if you just pick it up
            Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Mine, 8 months old, runs really good (1 to +2s/day) and wasn't been serviced.
              I've just opened it up to clean the hands and regulated the spring ever so slightly, because it was doing close to 8s/day (which is not bad).

It is a great watch with a great clone movement.

Cheers

Comment

Is there anyone in the CONUS that provides this sort of service that can be recommended? I have a 8900 on the way and would like to have it cleaned up. Its already showing a pretty low amplitude (255) and over 10/s + a day.. Im assuming it can use some lov .

Comment

check out oascom's thread

Comment

This is an amazing topic. Congrats for that santre22.

Do you do this services for outside? Or it's just for you?

Regards,

Comment

santre22 Do you think it is possible to do this without any previous experience in servicing watches, just using your detailed instruction? Or will it end up with a spectacular failure and the need to buy a new watch?

Comment

Originally posted by jmk81 View Post
                        santre22 Do you think it is possible to do this without any previous experience in servicing watches, just using your detailed instruction? Or will it end up with a spectacular failure and the need to buy a new watch?
                        No way! Buy a cheep one first and try. U will fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Swerepguy View Post

No way! Buy a cheep one first and try. U will fail.
                          That's what I thought. So I guess I'll just translate instructions, print them with pictures and take it all to my local watchsmith to see if he's rep friendly

Comment

The "problem" it's all the "hardware" necessary for the service and of course: know-how and practice it's crucial for these kind of work.

Do not forget that you are looking to pictures that are amplified. ;-) About me, I'm not able to do it, it's needed a steady hand that I do not have (and to be fair, also don't have the know-how and practice).

This topic is the best tutorial that I ever saw about service in reps, so your local watchsmith with the prints, for sure that can handle the job. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jmk81 View Post
                              I have a Breitling Navitimer GMT with a A7750. Thought I'd service it myself. I now have a replacement Navitimer GMT on the way. This one I will NOT service myself.... . I also have a custom annual calendar IWC Portugieser, which has to be shipped back to ZF in China because my local watch repair shop had a meltdown when they realised how complex it is, no way that you could service that if you don't have the practiced skills and a steady hand.

My own mental note: find a rep friendly repair shop that is willing to take a chance on the custom stuff, or stick to the Valjoux or ETA clones, or even Miyota/Seagull, if you want to keep things serviceable.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSplash View Post
                                I have a Breitling Navitimer GMT with a A7750. Thought I'd service it myself. I now have a replacement Navitimer GMT on the way.
                                Yeah, I can picture myself in exactly same spot

Originally posted by CaptainSplash View Post
                                My own mental note: find a rep friendly repair shop that is willing to take a chance on the custom stuff, or stick to the Valjoux or ETA clones, or even Miyota/Seagull, if you want to keep things serviceable.
                                Little to late for that second option, so as I said gonna translate this thread, print it out and make a journey through repair shops in the 'hood.

Comment

Working...
                                X