• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The newer VS Aqua Terre. I just ordered one

Champagne iH

4/1/14
After being completely satisfied with the purchase of a LMPO 1948 that I have worn for 12+ hours for a couple weeks straight now, I decided to buy the James Bond version of the VS Aqua Terre. I could and maybe should have bought the dark blue AT on bracelet with additional rubber strap, but being a life long Bond fan and having 4 of the original double sided movie posters mounted in light box style frames in my bedroom and man cave in our basement I felt that there were no reviews anywhere on this model. The reviews for the regular ATs looked promising. This version has a slightly different dial with deep blue and yellow accents. It comes on a braided rubber matching strap of deep blue with yellow stitching. I hope my Omega part of the clasp doesn’t fall off, but I hope to review the watch when it arrives in a few weeks.

I didn’t know if anybody out there had purchased one or had looked at this model. It has a special Bond display caseback of the cloned 8500 movement.

Does anybody know what type of hairspring the clone movement uses? Is it a silicone base or just a metal blend?

I look forward to my QC pictures. I looked at this, a ceramic dial PO, a Spectre or a Tag Aquaracer, but the Aquaracer just doesn’t do it for me. I’m not a fan of the hands, the design but I’ve tried it in many times with no real love as it uses an unmodified 2824-2 and seems quite overpriced for what you get.

The Omegas on the other hand, while far to costly have beautiful designs.

I’ll update this thread when the watch comes in. In the meantime please list if you have any experience with this AT or have considered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
There were some reviews in the AT thread that the dial print was slightly different to the gen, but given it is limited edition it’s unlikely you will have the rep side by side.

I have had three different dial versions (not the James Bond) and held onto the white dial silver hand and the movement is going strong no issues.

Reactions: GameForcePT