• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Picking an Aqua Terra

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Hey there. So I've been checking out the VSF Aqua Terra's with the clone 8900 movements and I'm looking for a bit of advice in which direction I should go. I like all of the color pallets, minus the black with green markings.

My questions would be which one is closest to gen, or are they all off in their own way. Also for the clone movement, does it need servicing like the rolex clone movements, or is it more stable.

Thank you in advance for any help.

arcticangus

Horology Curious
4/12/18
I was also interested in these. Seems like black and white dials are great. The grey/blue combo off in certain lighting. I personally love the white dial with orange second hand.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
If you are looking for closest to gen then white white dials, black are the safest bet. The grey has been discussed as having different date wheel colour, blues are slightly off in colour but still beautiful pieces.

Reactions: Tacotuesday

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Might have to pick up the white one. I have too many black watches lol. Thank you for your help!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Might have to pick up the white one. I have too many black watches lol. Thank you for your help!
Exactly the reason I picked up this one:

IMG_151754c3d4e06e635486.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
I was also interested in these. Seems like black and white dials are great. The grey/blue combo off in certain lighting. I personally love the white dial with orange second hand.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

The white and orange is my favorite too.

Reactions: Tacotuesday

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
The green is certainly growing on me. Might consider putting my Explorer 214270 up for sale for this.

Korben_Dallas

Horology Curious
4/11/16
If you are looking for closest to gen then white white dials, black are the safest bet. The grey has been discussed as having different date wheel colour, blues are slightly off in colour but still beautiful pieces.
What about the blue dial on the older model with the date at 3. Is the blue dial off on that model aswell?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
What about the blue dial on the older model with the date at 3. Is the blue dial off on that model aswell?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Feedback is that the dial can have a slight purple tint but would only be noticed side by side with gen.