• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF factory Ceramic Planet ocean bezel numbers rubbing off?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Mine VSF is not suffering from rubbing off, but I am positive the insert is a faux ceramic.
Just scratched the painted marker and scratched the grey "ceramic" too.

TT3eq.jpg

thanks for sharing. So, in conclusion, it looks like VSF is doing a false advertising: “Non-Ceramic bezel” as “Real Ceramic bezel” Isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I have the same watch VSF 42mm from the first batch (no Au750 stamp on lugs) and I can confirm the insert is real ceramic. As I removed the bezel to install a gen click spring to get rid of the wonky turning action and sound. Then I tried to scratch the insert from the backside and it's real ceramic but of which quality I can't say, it did not scratch from a pen knife anyway. Also I pressure tested mine to 10 Bar and had it for 14 days snorkeling in the ocean. And I almost abused it in contact with sand and other elements on the beach before rinsing it off in fresh water at my hotel at every evening. No paint was rubbed of the bezel and it still looks like new. So probably it's some bad QC on the second batch using some different supplies for the insert. Great that you will get a new one.

Jon_Bovi

Horology Curious
7/6/18
My VSF 42mm is less than 2 weeks old and I’m having the same issue. I hope my TD will help me sort it out. I’m really bummed about it.

Jon_Bovi

Horology Curious
7/6/18
As mentioned above, here's mine. This thread is the only other instance I can find about this happening.
IMG-4257.png

AUxcTsF

Last edited:

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
Jon_Bovi when did you buy your watch? I'm in contact witb Sead who tells me this is an issue for previous batches but your post is fairly recent so want to make sure I'm not buying a dud. Please feel free to chime in anyone else if you can help!

seedeetee

Renowned Member
27/3/17
Experiencing the same problem on my VSF CrPO 42mm, I got this pretty recently too on the 10th of September.

bullshit-2.jpg

bullshit.jpg

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
It must be a problem for some batches. I polished mine several times with car polishing compound (fine grain) and cape cod for the steel. It didn't rub off.

Reactions: thenut

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
Any news on whether this issue has been resolved in recent batches?