• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF factory Ceramic Planet ocean bezel numbers rubbing off?

TynoPrime

Known Member
20/9/12
Hi all,

ive just received the VSF factory planet ocean in black with orange numbers. The watch is gorgeous and although I had to say no to one on QC due to a wonky 1 on the 12 the second one seemed acceptable so got it sent. I’ve had it on the wrist for 2 days now, and alarmingly the bezel numbers have started rubbing off?? Has anyone heard of this before? For such a pricey rep I expected it to last longer than 2 days! Please see pics, I’ve emailed Sead and hopefully he’ll send across a new bezel for me, but has anyone encountered this before on the OM? Has anyone had any luck getting a new bezel sent?

A4-A62-F8-D-7-A45-4-FD8-B3-B7-EECD27735-A9-F.jpg
13449-DEB-6-F9-B-40-BC-8037-617447603-B2-E.jpg
a

thanks

~Tyno

Last edited:

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
Last time I checked, OM wasn’t one of the good factories. Good luck getting a replacement bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
Same thing used to happen to the old BP CrPO reps. Hope you can get it sorted.

TynoPrime

Known Member
20/9/12
Sorry guys I’m being an idiot! It’s VSF factory. It’s the one with the “super clone 8500” which is VSF only AFAIK?

Edit: Just checked and it’s definitely VSF. If possible could a mod change the title please?

Last edited:

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
strange... i have the same watch and just rubbed the bezel extensively - and nothing. Your bezel looks like BP's made.

Reactions: vcappp

TynoPrime

Known Member
20/9/12
It’s weird I’m trying to think what could have done it. Like I said I’ve literally only been wearing it for two days on and off! I haven’t been near anything like white spirit or paint thinners or anything like, I’ve not cleaned it with anything yet (only wiped dust off it by hand) so not sure what could have done it except friction based rubbing on something. Hopefully it’s a one off and a new bezel fixes the problem!

FYI This is the 42mm version, in case it’s a problem only with the 42’s!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Bummer, can you upload some higher res pics?

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
Wow that's pretty bad. A real shame that they're using paint as it's an amazing watch otherwise.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Looks to me as tho its possibly been painted and then not lacquered to seal it, the whole bezel looks very Matt. I can't imagine it's a common problem otherwise I'm sure it would be all over the forums

TynoPrime

Known Member
20/9/12
Yeah it seems that way. Shame as the watch is stunning otherwise. Hopefully sead can get the factory to send a new one. What normally happens in these instances? Are they pretty good with things like this? Or is it generally a “tough shit” style situation?

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
Looks to me as tho its possibly been painted and then not lacquered to seal it, the whole bezel looks very Matt. I can't imagine it's a common problem otherwise I'm sure it would be all over the forums

Good point, this bezel doesn't have that damned glossy finish that's about the only tell on VSF's CRPO.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
OP could you please upload the picture of the back side balance wheel area to confirm it is from VSF ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TynoPrime

Known Member
20/9/12
OP could you please upload the picture of the back side balance wheel area to confirm it is from VSF ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CE86355-D-D77-B-4611-8-C61-A96-EFF00-B5-B8.jpg

hopefully that’s clear enough? I also checked a picture I took when it was in the packaging and it had VSF written on it.

as a side note when you say about the bezel being Matt, it is very Matt/satin. It looks great very gen like, although as you say if normally these are more glossy than that it would make sense that maybe it hasn’t had its topcoat!

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Yup, that's the VSF. It has their famous flaw on the back ( Au750 engraving ). Bloody hell mate, I never thought something like this was possible..

Tcr4x4

21/9/18
Forest of Dean
I’ve been wearing the 45mm version pretty much non stop for 4-5 weeks and have nothing like this, so I presume it’s eiher just bad luck with this particular watch or a 42mm flaw

TynoPrime

Known Member
20/9/12
Sead has replied and is going to get me a new bezel :) he said the same, his words were “wow, that’s crazy” and he’ll sort a new one. :)

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
thats a great outcome and rightfully so - i have the exact same watch 42mm orange but without the additional engravings on the back and bezel is fine

maybe that batch with teh incorrect markings also have inferior bezels..not sure but glad your getting a replacement!

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Mine VSF is not suffering from rubbing off, but I am positive the insert is a faux ceramic.
Just scratched the painted marker and scratched the grey "ceramic" too.

TT3eq.jpg