• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

8900 movement reliability / fix

Aplex

11/11/18
Hi all,

After purchasing serval reps like Rolex YM, Sea Dweller 43 and some breitlings I really like to get a Omega.

To be more specific the new Aqua Terra 150 with 8900 movement.

I have read a lot of posts and topics but I wanted to start one at myself for the 8900 movement.

Does anyone like to share their experiences about reliability and possibilities for local servicing when it gets broken?

Normally I always choose 2836 / 2824 movements so this is completely new for me.

Hope to read some reply’s before I pull the trigger.
It such a nice design!

Greetings Aplex

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
There are threads on this already many hundreds of replies long. Use the search (fn) in the upper right hand side of the web page. The general consensus is that this movement is excellent.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Not sure about the movement but hoping it’s a good one. Anyhow the aqua terra from VSF are excellent rep watches. I have the golf version.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
It's difficult to judge about the reliability, as this movement has only been around for a couple of months. But all I can say is, that it's extremely accurate, has an amazing power reserve and the handwinding is the smoothest of them all. I've never had an Asian 2824 or a 7750 that felt so great. It feels like some sort of premium gen movement.

Reactions: georgegmt

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
There are threads on this already many hundreds of replies long. Use the search (fn) in the upper right hand side of the web page. The general consensus is that this movement is excellent.

Can you link me please?

Nick C.

Known Member
Certified
26/4/23
EUROPE
Hi all,

After purchasing serval reps like Rolex YM, Sea Dweller 43 and some breitlings I really like to get a Omega.

To be more specific the new Aqua Terra 150 with 8900 movement.

I have read a lot of posts and topics but I wanted to start one at myself for the 8900 movement.

Does anyone like to share their experiences about reliability and possibilities for local servicing when it gets broken?

Normally I always choose 2836 / 2824 movements so this is completely new for me.

Hope to read some reply’s before I pull the trigger.
It such a nice design!

Greetings Aplex
I've had exactly the same question about servicing . I think there's a thread on reddit about the 8900