• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 2018 Finale, Omega Full Ceramic 600M GMT

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Will release before 2019, haha :woo:
Let me translate the word in pic.
1. full ceramic, same material and structure as genuine.
2. natural rubber strap and ZrO2 dial same as genuine. VSF unique 8906 super clone movement.
3. caseback has the same "Naiad" structure as genuine one.
4. deployant clasp is same as genuine, ceramic with metal material, not PVD plated steel as other version.
135617ylyhvllv6b6hbnqz.jpg

Alex046

Horology Curious
5/12/18
45.5mm is killing my baby wrists, but I was about to consider pulling the trigger on the JLC Moon but this is absolutely stunning, the more I've read about VSF's Omegas the more I consider it, this news may just be the provervial nail in my coffin... News on price? Full ceramic makes me think $$$$.

Reactions: Nivka

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
I don’t know how visible the etched bezel markers are in real life but in macros they can’t be unseen. The Pearl looks bigger than gen as well, but apart from that and the miner differences in movement, the watch looks pretty good,

Reactions: vcappp

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Oh wow, this is incredible! Way too large for my wrist but wow, there is nothing that VSF cannot rep!

Overworkin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/17
Sorry but I can’t see any of the images. Really would love to see this in that the 43.5mm PO pro’s are just a little small for my ???? wrists :)

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Reactions: Champagne iH

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
Ugh! I can't afford another watch this year. May need to m2m one of my VSF once I get all 3 in-hands and see who I really like best. Probably let non ceramic GMT go, but we'll see once I get them all.

Or that's just what I told the wife, and will need a larger watch box after all.

Last edited:

jamingui

Known Member
24/8/16
It seems the bezel on the rep is engraved (numbers and markers slightly sunken) whereas in the gen is not.

Reactions: leo6929

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
It seems the bezel on the rep is engraved (numbers and markers slightly sunken) whereas in the gen is not.

It's like this on all (?) the new VSF Omega Bezels. It's a tell if you feel it, but if you do the sharpie trick it's not quite as noticeable to the naked eye from what I've seen. Haven't done it myself yet.

I was at a customer site the other day who is a Gen dealer, not AD, but routinely goes through 50+ Gens a month of all makes and models and has for over 20 years. He was impressed by the quality of my VSF 43.5mm GMT - Black w/ Orange Numbers. He happened to be wearing the Planet ocean 1/4 orange (orange numbers), and the bezel was one of the things he noticed once he had them side by side. Super impressed by the movement. He did spot something that wasn't quite right on the movement, but I don't recall what it was.

Anyone know if it's possible to get Gen bezel inserts for any of these? Or is Omega doing like Rolex and requiring you turn in the "original" to get a new one? Also, if it would even ever fit if we could buy Gen.

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I did the bezel sharpie mod on my orange-black VSF PO, Its not bad, but it would be really nice if they could avoid the engravings. Even if they cannot replicate Liquid metal, they could replicate a better look to just engraving it.

Reactions: vcappp

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
Have you watched the Omega video of how they do the "LiquidMetal"? It's a pretty neat process, and I fully understand why the Factories can't easily replicate that exact process at a reasonable price. Not saying there aren't other methods, but the true "LiquidMetal" looked pretty complicated. I'm not familiar with how others are made, so I could be way off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMkmTMArB70

GaalDoma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
Have you watched the Omega video of how they do the "LiquidMetal"? It's a pretty neat process, and I fully understand why the Factories can't easily replicate that exact process at a reasonable price. Not saying there aren't other methods, but the true "LiquidMetal" looked pretty complicated. I'm not familiar with how others are made, so I could be way off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMkmTMArB70

Yes, you are right but if they would at least fill the engraved places until the top with paint and the end result would be so much better. In my theory that method wouldn't be more than one plus step in the manufacturing and would sell the watch significantly better. Fill the engravings then wipe off the top or, for the best result, fill the engravings, let it dry and use a circular polisher to wipe off the unwanted paint.

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
This thing looks awesome, but I don't think I want another 45mm - just too big for my scrawny wrists.

Reactions: wrightp748