• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PO from VSF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lyakya

Known Member
8/3/18
sorry my half mistake:
watch case is 43.5mm and bezel is 42mm
but i have a gen bezel and it's 44mm and not 42mm. so will not fit a gen bezel construction..

So I think I figure my mistake.
ive checked omegaforum and indeed the beze suppose to be 42mm.
i have a 44mm bezel that will fit the chronograph 45.5mm 9900 model.

does anybody have the 9900 rep or gen to confirm bezel is 44mm?

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Man I want this watch. Just waiting on v2 so they update the damn bezel. That engraving kills it for me personally.

lyakya

Known Member
8/3/18
Man I want this watch. Just waiting on v2 so they update the damn bezel. That engraving kills it for me personally.

Will yo wait a year for it?
The engraved bezel is not showing on the wrist and not also up close. The ceramic dial is amazing, really gives it the gen look.

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
I've yet to see a post from someone who has the watch in hands really complain about the quality of the bezel. You seriously can't tell from even a foot away unless the light hits it just right, even then if you didn't know it was engraved you wouldn't all of the sudden think "engraved!" You just see the shine difference between the ceramic and the numbers.
I own both this one and the GMT are they are amazing on the wrist. Wait if you want, but it may never happen, and I much prefer the engraved to the printed ones

Last edited:
Reactions: pontiaddict

peterpl

24/7/11
Will yo wait a year for it?
The engraved bezel is not showing on the wrist and not also up close. The ceramic dial is amazing, really gives it the gen look.

Ive been around here long enough. If I have to wait 12 months I will but from past experience it will come out much faster than 1 year. I'll be surprised if they dont release one with the correct bezel in a few months.

peterpl

24/7/11
I've yet to see a post from someone who has the watch in hands really complain about the quality of the bezel. You seriously can't tell from even a foot away unless the light hits it just right, even then if you didn't know it was engraved you wouldn't all of the sudden think "engraved!" You just see the shine difference between the ceramic and the numbers.
I own both this one and the GMT are they are amazing on the wrist. Wait if you want, but it may never happen, and I much prefer the engraved to the printed ones

Its one of the very fist things I noticed as soon as I saw the watch. Doesnt really matter if someone else can see it or not but the thing is I personally can see it easily which will 100% take the joy out of wearing the watch.

lyakya

Known Member
8/3/18
Got it today,
its amazing rep and big improvement from previous versions.

the good:
the ceramic dial is a major win, all shiny and especially nice in the sun. Really makes the watch.
the engraved bezel is the major flaw but you don't notice it at all on the wrist and even in close inspection.
movement is beautiful and will update on time reserve and stability. Full working moving hour hands like gen, and also to set the date.
all the writings on the caseback and bracelet are correct.
micro adjustment clasp works ok and correct size clasp.
correct endlinks.
Great lume.

the bad:
clasp sometimes doesn't close and seems flimsy. Maybe baby oil bath will help.

conclusion:
super rep gen AD fooling ( don't do it really) if VSF will fix the engraved bezel.

Update:
accuarcy is spot on. The watch gain total of 5 seconds in 5 days.
Power resserve was 58.5 hours just like Gen ( 60 hours) so the 2 barrel springs worked like a charm.
I've done an baby oil bath and the band and the clasp much better now. A lot less rattle on the clasp and no rattle on the band.

Reactions: vcappp

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Good news. I recently held the gen again in the AD. Really couldn't spot major differences with the VSF. If anything, the gen has way too much sparkle for me. Believe it or not, I like the VSF better because it has a little less bling on the dial and bezel. Of course, the rubber wristband is better in the gen, but to my surprise, even at 2 inches distance I could not tell if it was made of rubber or fabric. So extra points also to VSF because the pattern and color in the rep rubber is very, very close. After doing the sharpie mod on my bezel, I was thinking that maybe the silver color was too light. Again, to my surprise, the bezel numbers on the gen are a light silver color too. So this could be maybe the closer to gen of any rep I have, and I own over 30. Just my two cents.

peterpl

24/7/11
Look at the new VSF crhonos, they've already updated the bezel so its not engraved. Once all these first batches go I'm sure they will release v2 without the bezel engraved very very soon.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Look at the new VSF crhonos, they've already updated the bezel so its not engraved. Once all these first batches go I'm sure they will release v2 without the bezel engraved very very soon.

Wich new VSF chrono ???

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17

Link?

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
I was going by the post reference to VSF. Either way at least we know its doable and that bezel looks ALOT better than the engraved one.

Seems doable on PVD like this one, not the real ceramic versions which all have engraved so far.

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07

If you mean the new Volvo Ocean Race chrono, it's not VSF - it's OMF

ongw

Horology Curious
30/3/10
Guys, I'm about to buy a Omega PO from one of my local suppliers but I can't seem to tell which version it actually came from. Am I allowed to post the pics here and see if you guys can tell?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Guys, I'm about to buy a Omega PO from one of my local suppliers but I can't seem to tell which version it actually came from. Am I allowed to post the pics here and see if you guys can tell?

Why don’t you just ask who you are buying off?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

Post it one level up - as a new topic in "omega replicas " section.

Reactions: obrienk