• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster '57 Co-Axial - Thoughts?

foxyboy985

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/16
Thinking of buying a Speedmaster '57 Co-Axial (https://www.intime03.co/omega/4275-...ss-bracelet-a9300-free-the-leather-strap.html) and wondering what peoples thoughts are on? It's a sharp looking watch and wondering who has/had one would have any advice.
speedmaster-57-co-axial-omf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-brown-markers-on-ss-bracelet-a9300-free-the-leather-strap.jpg

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
I was thinking about buying one of these too, but decided against it because of the thickness and the date numbers (wrong color).

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

NavySubmariner

14/10/18
I was looking at this too, am i correct that all of the automatic ones are only 2 sub dials instead of 3?

alexdazio

1/6/18
There is (was?) an automatic model with 3 functional subdials. Non a great rep (with the usual problem of the excessive distance of the subdials from the center, wrong hands, wrong back inscriptions etc.), but acceptable. The existing hand wind models, instead, have only two functional @3 and @9 subdials (seconds and minutes), while the one @6 is fake and follows the movement of the hour hand (I asked a rep friendly watchmaker to freeze it @12 in my rep Tin Tin in order to make it look slightly more credible).

The lack of a serious Speedy rep led me to buy the real thing (considering that it is fairly affordable, especially in the second hand market.

foxyboy985

12/8/16
Agree that there would be a big market for a super speedmaster rep. Apart from the back, the very slightly off sub dials and potentially the date wheel, I think that this is a good looking rep and worth the buy

Sent from my iPhone using RWI