• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Noob LMPO V6 is out. Time to be a super rep.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
For you folks having problems getting the bracelet clasp to snap in and hold, I noticed a massive improvement just oiling the mechanism and working it several times. I did the same to the whole bracelet, and "burnished" some of the links tat were a bit tight by working them back an forth several times. I let it set in my ultrasonic tank for about 20-30 mins and the bracelet feel is now excellent.

Also make sure that the dive extension is fully flush down into the clasp. It's possible that the tang is on top of the center bracelet pin making it really hard for the clasp to work. That "tang" needs to be below the pin.

Reactions: Maron and jpchub

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
For you folks having problems getting the bracelet clasp to snap in and hold, I noticed a massive improvement just oiling the mechanism and working it several times. I did the same to the whole bracelet, and "burnished" some of the links tat were a bit tight by working them back an forth several times. I let it set in my ultrasonic tank for about 20-30 mins and the bracelet feel is now excellent.

Also make sure that the dive extension is fully flush down into the clasp. It's possible that the tang is on top of the center bracelet pin making it really hard for the clasp to work. That "tang" needs to be below the pin.

Thanks for the tip. Does that machine work alright? I saw some cheap ones on Ebay but I wonder if they're worth getting.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
xartan yeah, I'd say it's worth it. I have a pretty small one. It was about 20-30usd. Between my wifes jewelry and my watch bracelets it gets used pretty frequently. It will get gunk out of the inside of links that you can't normally reach.

This rep, even though it's new-- my hands got pretty dirty from removing links. Probably a lot of gunk (oil mixed w/ metal dust) are in the links.

Reactions: Maron

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
so I think mine's movement finally gave in now. didn't wear it over the weekend. this morning I shook it a bit to get it started again, when I pulled out the crown the seconds hand would stop at the first click, which it shouldn't. then it wont start up again when I pushed the crown back in. it would start after jerking it, but then would sop randomly after that. emailed Ryan to get the ball rolling on sending it back to them. I know it's risky, but my only choice now. hopefully DHL will get it there safely. dis whole ordeal totally cancels out the excitement for this piece.

Reactions: Razorig2

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11

Am I being picky or is the date to far left in the window? I think that may just be how the v6 looks since I noticed it on some other lmpo v6 pieces as well.

The 12 is still not straight. How many iterations now still cant align the 12 properly. LOL

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
I wonder if the next version will fix the minute markers either side of the 6. They got it right on previous versions *rolleyes*

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Perhaps. But I’m sure they will break something else.

I think this is a really great looking rep overall, though. I’m not sure if it’s just the picture or the 12 is actually not straight. I’ll judge when I get mine once the failed payment is solved. Has been stuck for 2 weeks now.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town

When you pull your crown out, does the whole crown move from side to side and up & down? Meaning is it loose? Mine wobbels like that. My ZF Breitling has a different movement, but feels way more solid. Just wondering if all LMPO V6 reacts the same.

Sent from the RWI App

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
When you pull your crown out, does the whole crown move from side to side and up & down? Meaning is it loose? Mine wobbels like that. My ZF Breitling has a different movement, but feels way more solid. Just wondering if all LMPO V6 reacts the same.

Sent from the RWI App

That sounds like it’s broken to me.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12

Sent from the RWI App

Hmm, no, not really. At least in the winding position. In the time setting it will wobble around a bit more, but I don't think it's an alarming amount.

From what you described in another post above, it sounds like your keyless works might be out of whack. This happened on my first rep (a cartel 1680 sub with a slo-beat 2846) and the keyless works needed to be reset.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Hmm, no, not really. At least in the winding position. In the time setting it will wobble around a bit more, but I don't think it's an alarming amount.

From what you described in another post above, it sounds like your keyless works might be out of whack. This happened on my first rep (a cartel 1680 sub with a slo-beat 2846) and the keyless works needed to be reset.

One more question, is resetting the keyless less of a mission than a whole service? Do they need to strip the whole movement? As mentioned before a service here costs almost the same as the watch.

Sent from the RWI App

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
One more question, is resetting the keyless less of a mission than a whole service? Do they need to strip the whole movement? As mentioned before a service here costs almost the same as the watch.

Sent from the RWI App

Yeah, much less. They will still need to remove the movement from the watch and then remove the hands, dial, and date wheel to get to it. Minimal tools required. However, It still might be cheaper to just buy the new seagull and have the watchmaker swap it in.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Reinoudlouman your name sounds South African. I got mine from Ryan at Intime. I am sure Puretime will be able to get you, they just don't have it on their site.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
More pics. I set it last Friday and Ive worn it one week straight. The watch lost 27 secs during that time with an average of -3.8 s/d. Really not bad. Not bad at all! All I did was keep it topped off, and the winding feel has improved. I will test the power reserve over the weekend (if I can keep from wearing it) it really is my favorite piece now.