• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Noob LMPO V6 is out. Time to be a super rep.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
xartan apologies if that isn't actually an issue for you, and me now going making it an issue. just pointing it out.

Haha. Don't worry.

I already asked my TD if he could find one with a centered date. I do think this one has an issue with a left aligned date that would bother me. I'm not sure if they all do to some extend, though. The one on intime's webpage looks centered but is photographed slightly from the right so that is might be why it appears centered.

Reactions: jpchub

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
The pearl on the V6 sits generally low.
On mine too.
Also the Logo and the numerals seem to be bolder than the Gen.
But these are macro shots. Dont worry about it guys. It's a beautiful watch.
2ccdd5c24c0b099aae13bfc625f3893a.jpg

Skynet3132

Known Member
1/3/16
Arizona
The pearl on the V6 sits generally low.
On mine too.
Also the Logo and the numerals seem to be bolder than the Gen.
But these are macro shots. Dont worry about it guys. It's a beautiful watch.
2ccdd5c24c0b099aae13bfc625f3893a.jpg

WOW that pearl is sitting REALLY low in the triangle. I wish they could thin out the "OMEGA" on the dial to be slightly closer to gen one of these days.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
That is interesting, I checked my QC pics and the Pearl looks much higher and centered in the triangle. The watch should arrive this week I hope... So we shall see.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
That is interesting, I checked my QC pics and the Pearl looks much higher and centered in the triangle. The watch should arrive this week I hope... So we shall see.

Can you share a pic?

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
IMG-20190313-093850.jpg

xartan
​​​​​​​
Yeah, here is a QC pic of the Pearl. It is aligned pretty well IMHO. I'm a bit reluctant to post because in this pic there is what looks like crud around the Pearl surround, but I believe it to be a photography artifact as i don't notice it in other pics. But we shall see in a few days. I have seen stuff like this on QC pics of other watches from this dealer, and when I get the watch it's fine.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
My TD is switching mine for another piece. I don’t know what would possibly cause a left aligned date, though. I’d think the date wheel would be identical on every movement and sit in the same fixed position.
So unless the date window was somehow misaligned on the dial which I find unlikely I have no idea what could cause it.
I’m just wondering if it was just the pictures.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Mine arrived today. 5 days after QC approval. (Conus) ...not bad. I'll get to it this afternoon,.get the bracelet resized and hopefully have a wrist shot for you folks. I haven't had this much anticipation for something for a while lol.

Reactions: jpchub

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12

I'm impressed overall. The quality seems very high. The pearl is nicely aligned in the insert, and the insert is spot on aligned with the detent for 12. The dial looks amazing in just about every angle and every light. I really can't stop looking at it.

I notice that indeed some of the dates in the 20's and 30's are a bit biased to the left of the date window. This may be the dw itself. May not be a prob for you folks that want to swap out the DW for the correct font. However imho, its so minor, that it doesn't really bother me enough to swap, as I like the font, and the print is high quality.

This is a model that has been out for quite a few.years and it's pretty surprising to see .just how good the reps are getting.

i still need to pop it open and oil the seals and check out the he valve. I will track the deviation with my watch track app, the QC pics showed a pretty healthy amplitude. I noticed a small hitch in the feel of winding up and topping off the watch, maybe this will work itself out , but I've already accounted for the possibility of upgrade to the seagull if need be.

Just for s&g here's a pic of the silix lmpo from years ago.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
I was expecting that resizing the bracelet was going to be a whip, but it wasn't. I removed 2 links from the 6 side and 1 from the 12 side and it fits my 7" wrist perfectly. I didn't realize there was no fine adjustments on this one. The pins were not very tight. I will have to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't walk out. The clasp is a bit of a bugger to close on your wrist since you kinda have to push in the side buttons to help get it to close. Perhaps it will break in after a while and get easier. The overall quality of the bracelet is pretty good with nicely done engraving

Reactions: merowinger

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Hmm. My piece is substantially delayed because my money are stuck in cyberspace :/. The bankwire has been underway for almost 2 weeks and running a track and trace on the transfer will cost around $60. That’s more than 15% of the watch price.

Skynet3132

Known Member
1/3/16
Arizona
Mine arrived today. 5 days after QC approval. (Conus) ...not bad. I'll get to it this afternoon,.get the bracelet resized and hopefully have a wrist shot for you folks. I haven't had this much anticipation for something for a while lol.

holy cow thats fast for CONUS. i approved my QC on 4 MAR and still expect to wait a couple weeks. all my TD purchases in the past have taken about a month. Could you PM me your TD info please?

Reactions: HAMMER DOWN

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Guys, how is a performance of yours A2892?
Has anyone cared to check a power reserve and the accuracy?

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Guys, how is a performance of yours A2892?
Has anyone cared to check a power reserve and the accuracy?

I'll keep track of mine, right now it's at an average of -2.7 secs/day (worn). I haven't checked power reserve yet, but I will. Amplitude was 281deg horizontal dial up in my QC pics. I'll post a screenshot of my watch track app after a week of wearing it.

Reactions: k4jun