• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Noob LMPO V6 is out. Time to be a super rep.

JayGar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/18
A little over a month with mine and I’m still loving it. Bezel is a touch loose but not too bad. So far it’s keeping great time. As someone else stated, it can be a little tricky to close the clasp but with just a squeeze of the release buttons, it closes nice and easy.

6EB2C001-C48B-464A-9616-4C7E97DF13E31aaa4b4787be8979.jpg

Sent from my iPad using RWI

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
A little over a month with mine and I’m still loving it. Bezel is a touch loose but not too bad. So far it’s keeping great time. As someone else stated, it can be a little tricky to close the clasp but with just a squeeze of the release buttons, it closes nice and easy.

6EB2C001-C48B-464A-9616-4C7E97DF13E31aaa4b4787be8979.jpg

Sent from my iPad using RWI

That is so gorgeous. The way that dial shines with no reflection from the crystal. Can't wait to get mine which is on it's way.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Let us see your pics when you can, interested in this too.

QC pics arrived today, but its a previous version. It bares the "WORLDPREMIERE" flaw. I think a v5. So this version has correct date but does not have the ceramic dial I presume?

I reject that one asked him if he could get me the latest version. So shall see

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I have to squeeze the buttons on my genuine omega seamaster 2531 clasp as well. I don’t HAVE to as it will close if I push hard enough, but it’s just easier to squeeze em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HAMMER DOWN

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I started wearing mine today after receiving it yesterday. All of a sudden i realised its loosing time. Like almost 10 minutes in the last 3 hours or so. So I hand wound it a bit thinking it didnt charge enough. But after sitting still for a few minutes, i realised it just stopped. Its not holding charge at all. Any advice?

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
I started wearing mine today after receiving it yesterday. All of a sudden i realised its loosing time. Like almost 10 minutes in the last 3 hours or so. So I hand wound it a bit thinking it didnt charge enough. But after sitting still for a few minutes, i realised it just stopped. Its not holding charge at all. Any advice?

Does it run when the crown is unscrewed ?

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
It does. What i actually realised now is that its not loosing time. It just stops. So when it stopped now the last time, I just gave it one small shake and it started running. So i put it down to see how long the charge would run and it is still running. So I am now assuming it keeps its charge, but gets stuck somehow. I will see of it persists. Any ideas what could just make it stop like that?

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

Can you power it up by spinning the rotor?

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Try and spin the rotor enough times to get a decent charge build up. Like put it on and run a mile. See how long it runs for in hours and minutes.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
It does. What i actually realised now is that its not loosing time. It just stops. So when it stopped now the last time, I just gave it one small shake and it started running. So i put it down to see how long the charge would run and it is still running. So I am now assuming it keeps its charge, but gets stuck somehow. I will see of it persists. Any ideas what could just make it stop like that?

If it runs fine with crown unscrewed then perhaps stem is too long. When you screw down the crown it binds up.

Hard to diagnose without it in front of me, but it could be.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
It seems its not the charge. It just stops. And then a small little shake gets it going again. Hopefully its just something that would go away while everything is running. While its lying still on my table, its running like a bomb.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Maron don’t really have the tools or the know how to do that. Sofar its still running lying on my table. Ot losing time at all. If it’s still running in the morning, I will see if it stops again while wearing it, as this is what I think happened. Stopped while wearing it. The watch had a rough ride to South Africa. Got stuck at customs clearance and I think it got handled a lot there. Hope it was just a glitch

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Maron don’t really have the tools or the know how to do that. Sofar its still running lying on my table. Ot losing time at all. If it’s still running in the morning, I will see if it stops again while wearing it, as this is what I think happened. Stopped while wearing it. The watch had a rough ride to South Africa. Got stuck at customs clearance and I think it got handled a lot there. Hope it was just a glitch

Worst case it needs a $150 service, or swap to Swiss eta for $250

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I am a huge omega fan and love the LMPO. I have owned all the revisions. I really wanted to like the v6 but I simply can’t live with the mismatching hour markers and hands.

The ceramic dial is stunning but the white lume hands and the green lume markers ruins the watch for me. Of course the difference is only visible in certain lighting/angles but once you see it, it’s game over!

also the hour is is very low...practically touching then dial. This is a deal breaker. Hands therefore look flat and ugly (as well as mismatching with the dial).

v6f ceramic omega is a much better option if you like the modern cases.

Reactions: vcappp

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Maron it seems that the watch is holding its charge as it was running through the night. the moment I put it on, the seconds hand randomly started to stop between the 8 and 10 hour markers. what could this be?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Ok, random guess here as I haven't really a clue what I'm on about, but maybe the hands are slipping off the pinion? Perhaps it's the little bent dial washer thingy that isn't bent enough and therefore when the watch is upside down, the hands are slipping off? If you leave the watch face down on the table, does it work then?

Do you know what, I think it's very, very difficult to diagnose the issue over the forum. You're probably better off finding a forum friendly tinkerer local to you and let them diagnose the issue with watch in hand.

Reactions: HAMMER DOWN