• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Noob LMPO V6 is out. Time to be a super rep.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I dropped my omf order, only reason I considered it was because of ceramic dial. But now noob has come through so Id prefer that.

Also pearl on omf looks horrible. Rest all is acceptable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OMF V2 DW is fantasy too, it tried to mimic the omega 2500c calibre font but the shape of the numbers is not always correct, they are too squared.
It is beyond me what OMF is doing with their DWs. On the market there are ready DWs with the correct font, but OMF still prefers to develop the own disc, pity they failed with both discs.

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Just curious. What sort of bezels have been installed on rep watches so far? Are they not ceramic?

It's for me the first Noob version with a ceramic dial and for me on this watch this polished ceramic dial makes the difference !!

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Mate you confused. I did too at first when OMF came out, I read ceramic dial but I thought ceramic insert lol. It's the dial that is also made of ceramic so it gives it different shades in different light conditions., from black to grey to blueish. Compared to the crpo it is really shiny and the combination with the liquidmetal insert is nice.

Reactions: merowinger

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I like the datewheel font!

Finally - red tipped second hand instead of orange.

Double AR.

No mods really needed other than waterproofing!
Most importantly ceramic dial which now looks great.

Earlier noob version were fine but the dial was the biggest let down notwithstanding seconds hand tip which was fairly easy to mod.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Hmmm I might need another one. I have had a lot of issues with the crown on my V2.

Reactions: Maron

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Mate, yet I did not even receive my v6:) no idea whether there will be another v.
Gen Eta DW costs $10-15 so should not be a big problem for those who want it be super gen correct.

So the genuine Eta datewheel is the same in the Gen LMPO? If so then any modder could swap it in yeah.

sharp3r

Looking Around
26/11/18
Looks great, is this the best rep of a Omega LMPO out there currenty? Never ordered from InTime are the prices in Euro or USD?

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
It's not a problem, if the generic ETA datewheel has the same font as the gen LMPO. Any watchsmith can fix that for pennies. But is it in fact the same?

Did they have the correct datewheel font on previous "Vs"?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Not the same.
Gen omega 2500 DW has white and flat font, like many ETA disks.
Gen omega 8500 DW has silver and raised font.
Gen LMPO DW has a layout of 2500 font but it is silver and raised.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
It's not a problem, if the generic ETA datewheel has the same font as the gen LMPO. Any watchsmith can fix that for pennies. But is it in fact the same?

Did they have the correct datewheel font on previous "Vs"?

You seem to be expecting a perfect, exact rep of the gen but all for rep money, maybe lower your expectations or go gen.

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
You seem to be expecting a perfect, exact rep of the gen but all for rep money, maybe lower your expectations or go gen.

Whilst I agree with you, it’s a bit frustrating when they introduce a flaw that they’d previously got right.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
It´s just not to be expected to take a step back when it was done right in the previous version.... wtf?