• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I keep thinking whether to get one of these or a Rolex OP as a "GADA" watch.
That dark grey sure looks good.
These definitely have more panache with the bold arrow hands and bold indices.
I wish they never went to the horizontal "boat deck" lines on the dial, it should have been vertical. And I prefer the date window at 3 also.

you can still get the AT 8500 with vertical lines and date at 3

Last edited:

anne_nrw

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/12/20
bl.jpg

green-01102.jpg

green-01103.jpg

The genes are only available with steel strap or a leather strap croco in green

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
The genes are only available with steel strap or a leather strap croco in green

So the Green Aqua Terra still has the Green Date-Subdial, while the original has a black one? Why did they decide to make such a glaring error

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
So the Green Aqua Terra still has the Green Date-Subdial, while the original has a black one? Why did they decide to make such a glaring error

Original has black date wheel? False. I tried on the gen several times at my Omega boutique.... date wheel is green. So VSF made no such glaring error on this watch :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jk007

Horology Curious
10/1/21
Hi All, bit of a long time lurker but newbie to the thread and just made my first rep purchase. I put an order in for Aqua Terra with Blue dial, but after sleeping on this thread and reading the many comments about the colour being off/showing a purple hue. Has anyone regretted this colour purchase? I'm weighing up whether I switch to black/white, being close to gen etc

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Hi All, bit of a long time lurker but newbie to the thread and just made my first rep purchase. I put an order in for Aqua Terra with Blue dial, but after sleeping on this thread and reading the many comments about the colour being off/showing a purple hue. Has anyone regretted this colour purchase? I'm weighing up whether I switch to black/white, being close to gen etc

Depends, if it’s to fool people than black dial is always best. If it’s because you just want a beautiful watch than sleep soundly and go with your first choice of blue, if that’s your favourite :D

Reactions: Kostiksch and jk007

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Hi All, bit of a long time lurker but newbie to the thread and just made my first rep purchase. I put an order in for Aqua Terra with Blue dial, but after sleeping on this thread and reading the many comments about the colour being off/showing a purple hue. Has anyone regretted this colour purchase?
No, the blue AT is awesome.

Reactions: jk007

appleton_xo

Looking Around
11/1/21
Can anyone comment on the quality of the stainless steel and rubber strap? Conflicted on which one to get

jk007

Horology Curious
10/1/21
Thanks BossK and YellowTime! Much appreciated and great perspective/way to put it BossK - I do really like the blue. I imagine, nobody will be able to distinguish the difference anyway unless they have the watch or its side by side :). I shall sleep fine.

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
I'm sorry if this has been answered before but don't feel like going through 66 pages.
I have the AT 8900 from VSF and it start to change the date around 9.30 - 10PM. Is this normal? Kind of disappointed

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Can anyone comment on the quality of the stainless steel and rubber strap? Conflicted on which one to get

Always go with the steel strap and get the rubber strap separately, that tends to be much cheaper than vv. And that way you have the choice and can change things up.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I'm sorry if this has been answered before but don't feel like going through 66 pages.
I have the AT 8900 from VSF and it start to change the date around 9.30 - 10PM. Is this normal? Kind of disappointed

No reason to be disappointed, that's same as gen. Mine starts moving the datewheel between 10:00PM & 10:30PM.

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
No reason to be disappointed, that's same as gen. Mine starts moving the datewheel between 10:00PM & 10:30PM.

Ok, thanks. I used to have a genuine Aqua Terra (it was quartz though so comparing apples to oranges) and that did not do that.
Thanks for clarifying!