• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Hey guys,
I know this topic has been beaten to death but I really want a blue dial Aqua Terra from VSF but I keep hearing it’s the wrong blue color and has the purple hue. Does anyone know if VSF is working on a new version?
Also, has anyone found photos comparing the blue VSF next to a gen? Scrolling through photos I can’t see any difference at all.

Woodz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/15
Hey guys,
I know this topic has been beaten to death but I really want a blue dial Aqua Terra from VSF but I keep hearing it’s the wrong blue color and has the purple hue. Does anyone know if VSF is working on a new version?
Also, has anyone found photos comparing the blue VSF next to a gen? Scrolling through photos I can’t see any difference at all.

Apparently it's slightly purple in certain lighting conditions. I don't own that colour so can't confirm.
Who knows if VSF are working on a V2.

If you like the blue I would just go for it though man, it looks beautiful. Here's a good video of the blue and black. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dWUDr-voZc

Last edited:

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Apparently it's slightly purple in certain lighting conditions. I don't own that colour so can't confirm.
Who knows if VSF are working on a V2.

If you like the blue I would just go for it though man, it looks beautiful. Here's a good video of the blue and black. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dWUDr-voZc

Yea after scrolling through every single page of this thread it seems really bad in some cases and not noticeable in others. I will probably take my chances, I love the blue dial so much and all my other watches are black so don’t want another one lol.

thanks for your input!

Reactions: Woodz and ciaoman21

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
Does anyone have an aquaterra green teck dial ? i don't found enough photo in many real condition...

Brian22

Looking Around
14/7/20
There is one flaw on the green dial one. Maybe it has been discused already, if so I am sorry to repost. I just had no time to read the whole thread yet.

On the GEN the DW fond seems to be made from SS or Silver colour. On the REP it just seems to be white print.

GEN:
7hcFE.jpg

REP:
72DAn.jpg

I am open to hear your opinion about this flaw.

I have ordered a black face and apparently, the problem of DW is sorted. From my QC pics the DW seems Silver. Any ideas are welcome?

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Having seen the gens I would say that the Blue is the one to get. It is a lot more eye catching than the black and white.

Here's hoping VSF make a V2 with the correct colour soon.

Reactions: Snil

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
Just put mine up FS on the forum if anyone’s looking for a Ryder Cup version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jokes77

Horology Curious
22/10/20
So is the silver "3D" DW font color fixed? When I take a look at the TD, the photos doesn't have a silver dial. I really want to buy the green dial AT but the DW seem like an instant tell.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
So is the silver "3D" DW font color fixed? When I take a look at the TD, the photos doesn't have a silver dial. I really want to buy the green dial AT but the DW seem like an instant tell.

It was never an instant tell - unless you were across the room, using a telescoped hooked up to an electron microscope.

And yes, the seemed to have updated the date wheel. TD’s don’t have time to update photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: I_Love_Coffee

3hundo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/17
Just went through 90 pages of this thread and the general consensus is:

The 8900 movement is reliable, haven't heard of any horror stories.
Black+White are the super clones
Green seems to also be a good clone
Blue/Grey dials don't have the correct color and there is no news of a v2 release yet
Datewheel font color was silently fixed from white to silver

Was going to buy gen, but VSF really nailed it with the ATs.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I'm debating between blue and white, and I'd appreciate some input...

I prefer blue over white. White is like-gen, which is cool. Blue is not as gen. But as long as the blue is still beautiful and striking I'm okay with that. I am not a fan of muted blues which is why I went for a white JF 15400 a year or so ago over the blue JF 15400, cause that blue was very dull and muted.

If the blue on the VSF AT is still gorgeous I don't mind.

Given this scenario should I go for white, or blue?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I'm debating between the deep blue AT or the Ryder cup... oh man this is hard.