• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

Andy737

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/19
For me its a no go. Even though I really like the green dial, I think I will get the AT Ryder Cup 8900 or a 8500 model.

I just couldnt find (with google search) any long and good AT 8500 thread to read about the different models.
If one of you knows a long good thread about the 8500 AT, would you please be so kind and share (link) it with me?

There is an old thread on this forum:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...w-release-aqua-terra-with-8400-clone-movement

Reactions: Time_Wizard

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
For me what put me off was that they sound like a kids rattle when you tap the watch, not the rotar sound which is minimal.

My 8900 is silent. I don’t know if you’re referring to the old 8400, or if the rattle you heard was just from loose debris in an 8900.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johndoe27

27/7/15
Are there current experiences with the 8900 movement? How stable and accurate is it?

I got the QC pictures for my VSF Ryders Cup AT today and I approved them. According to the Chronoscope, it runs at -0.8 s / d, really amazingly good for a replica. And it looks really stunning.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Are there current experiences with the 8900 movement? How stable and accurate is it?

I got the QC pictures for my VSF Ryders Cup AT today and I approved them. According to the Chronoscope, it runs at -0.8 s / d, really amazingly good for a replica. And it looks really stunning.

My movement is the bomb. The good kind of bomb

Reactions: I_Love_Coffee

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
My 8900 movement was actually noisy whenever I turned my wrist or gave the caseback a little flick/bump. Though issue solved when I got the movement serviced.

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
Hello

aeceba6608ecf4ed03f54608c2f00d5f.jpg

crazyninjadude

13/9/16
Just got my green dial AT. This is a beauty. Want to get a leather strap. Any recommendations?
9edc16eed6b35e0837a2564cd70ba2a0.jpg

I'm not sure what your budget for the strap is, but I would recommend checking out cheapest nato straps if you want a decent strap at a good price. I bought a nice Bordeaux colored strap that I'm hoping will patina well. I'll share a picture of it when I can.

Check your inbox to see the strap I got, so you can judge the quality for yourself

Last edited:

crazyninjadude

13/9/16
I wish VSF would make the 38mm version tbh..

I think it would be interesting if they did, but I don't think there would be that much interest in it. The 41 seems to wear pretty well as it, and it has a pretty compact lug to lug of 47.5mm (similar lug to lug of a submariner). The 38 has a lug to lug of 46mm, so I'd wager pretty much anyone who could wear a 38mm comfortably, could also wear the 41. So the 38mm might cannibalize sales from the 41, rather than bring more customers over to them.

But that's just some armchair speculation.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
On top of that the movement isn’t a 1:1 clone like VSF’s. It appears to have a deco plate... they’re filthy too, visible debris everywhere and a god awful finish. Gross. Looks like it was assembled in a barn using gardening tools.
87fb71b3e21071c1e62a4f1338dc8d92.jpg

Reactions: leo6929

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
Out of all the aqua terras. Which do u all think is the best one? I’m leaning more towards the black dial & 007 AT..

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
Out of all the aqua terras. Which do u all think is the best one? I’m leaning more towards the black dial & 007 AT..

crazyninjadude

13/9/16

I ordered a black one a few days ago. I can upload some pics once I get them. The black and white ones are regarded as super reps, so they should be the most accurate. That being said, the dark blue one looks pretty good in most lights too. As long as it isn't side by side with a gen, you should be fine with either

dave75

22/8/13
ireland

the green dial is amazing. changes colour throughout the day depending on the light.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

For example the VSF AT 8900: White, Black and Ryder cup should be First Class+++ as far as I read.

Could be First class: (after issues are adressed)
Gray has an issue with the hand stack. (silver hole instead of blue like the hand)
Green and dark blue have an issue with dw font colour. (on rep its white but on GEN its a silver looking colour or metal glued numbers ... idk)
both blue and the gray have an purple hue in the dial.

Last edited:
Reactions: xideasx