• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

mar05

Horology Curious
13/8/18
My approved QC pic can’t wait

5a719262ed50d63311fc8496219426ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, is that gold sections within the strap or just the light? looks great

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
Hey, is that gold sections within the strap or just the light? looks great

Gold “end link”, second hand and Omega on the dial. Def different so I’m looking forward to getting it in hand and posting more pics

mar05

Horology Curious
13/8/18
Gold “end link”, second hand and Omega on the dial. Def different so I’m looking forward to getting it in hand and posting more pics

ENJOY, I've got the classic blue one. came with both the bracelet and the rubber strap but I only wear it with the rubber as it is very comfortable and a 99.9% rep

Reactions: I_Love_Coffee

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

I also saw this AT and fell in love. I hope that there are no big flaws on the dial.
The only thing which catched my eye is the orange/red "Seamster" writing.
Is the shade of the colour like GEN?

Last edited:

johndoe27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/15

Yes, I was immediately impressed by this model too. Couldn't resist now and have just ordered the watch from my TD. I am currently waiting for the QC photos and will be happy to report as soon as the Aqua Terra has arrived. I really like the combination of the white dial with the blue rubber strap and the golden highlights. A real beauty!

Aston12

Horology Curious
23/6/20
Read this whole thread and decided to get the green VSF AT, a couple of days ago. Got the QC images, and while the colour and the rep itself is just amazing and so accurate to the gen, I couldn’t help, but notice a slight tilt of the Omega logo on the dial. Not that big of a deal, accepted it anyway, but I noticed that this tilt is present on most of the watches in this thread. Is it just me? Or it really has a small tilt?

I am pretty new around here, hope it’s an okay question to ask

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Read this whole thread and decided to get the green VSF AT, a couple of days ago. Got the QC images, and while the colour and the rep itself is just amazing and so accurate to the gen, I couldn’t help, but notice a slight tilt of the Omega logo on the dial. Not that big of a deal, accepted it anyway, but I noticed that this tilt is present on most of the watches in this thread. Is it just me? Or it really has a small tilt?

I am pretty new around here, hope it’s an okay question to ask

It is a common flaw I think. I have two, the white one and the silver dial, and they both have a crooked logo. Barely noticeable, really.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
I noticed that this tilt is present on most of the watches in this thread. Is it just me? Or it really has a small tilt?

I have the Green AT and the “omega” on my dial is definitely not tilted (I posted it in this thread). For me to see if you’re mind is playing tricks on you... you’ll have to share a picture from the QC. Since you’re newer here I figured I’d let you know that in these types of cases it’s more than OK to share the QC photo of the dial — because you already approved and it’s in regards to a specific concern.

Aston12

Horology Curious
23/6/20
I have the Green AT and the “omega” on my dial is definitely not tilted (I posted it in this thread). For me to see if you’re mind is playing tricks on you... you’ll have to share a picture from the QC. Since you’re newer here I figured I’d let you know that in these types of cases it’s more than OK to share the QC photo of the dial — because you already approved and it’s in regards to a specific concern.

Great! Thank you for clarifying that

I spend approximately two days only on the “newbie” section to make sure that I am aware of the rules/common things to do (or not), so figured not to post any QC pics, just to be on the safe side
But again, thanks for clarifying! In the case it is okay for a specific concern, I’ll gladly share the pics

27575e7388ea98c66b7404248acdadf7.jpg

e48b0cc6b393574c5e3d484c1041eca3.jpg

In the beginning I thought that the whole dial is tilted a bit towards left, but after that realized that it might be the logo. Or just my mind playing up of overly reading the QC topics

Aston12

Horology Curious
23/6/20
It is a common flaw I think. I have two, the white one and the silver dial, and they both have a crooked logo. Barely noticeable, really.

You are totally right, barely noticeable.
Just looking to get some experience/knowledge here as of what is okay and to what extend and what is not
Also wanted to make sure it’s not just me overthinking about it, and that I am looking at the right parts, where the issues during the QC might be

Reactions: leo6929

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
In the beginning I thought that the whole dial is tilted a bit towards left, but after that realized that it might be the logo.

Yep it’s just the logo, and like you said it’s barely visible. All reps have some minor issues but I can tell you that this is a fantastic watch. Yours looks great! You’ll be very pleased once you handle it in person. VSF did a great job. Congrats on your first purchase.

Reactions: Aston12

Aston12

Horology Curious
23/6/20
Yep it’s just the logo, and like you said it’s barely visible. All reps have some minor issues but I can tell you that this is a fantastic watch. Yours looks great! You’ll be very pleased once you handle it in person. VSF did a great job. Congrats on your first purchase.

Great, thank you for clearing that out. Good to know it’s not just me, and it is a bit tilted
I am not really bothered by that minor tilt to be honest. I really like how most of the users here suggest to check the QC’s - If you haven’t noticed it within first few seconds of looking at the watch - accept it. Same with me here, it took me checking the QC’s, zooming in and out, reading this whole thread, while checking each picture and only after that I noticed the small tilt, which is not the reason to be bothered, of course.

Anyways, thank you very much for clearing that out, I am really happy with the watch, it looks amazing to me! VSF, did a great job, indeed.
Really looking forward to seeing it in person. I’ll make sure to share some photos here as well!

Happy to start gaining experience in this hobby.

Last edited:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
There is one flaw on the green dial one. Maybe it has been discused already, if so I am sorry to repost. I just had no time to read the whole thread yet.

On the GEN the DW fond seems to be made from SS or Silver colour. On the REP it just seems to be white print.

GEN:
7hcFE.jpg

REP:
72DAn.jpg

I am open to hear your opinion about this flaw.

Last edited:
Reactions: xideasx

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
On the GEN the DW fond seems to be made from SS or Silver colour. On the REP it just seems to be white print.

This is an already known “flaw”. Most people don’t care. I personally don’t mind it one bit. Still one of my favorite reps.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Ohh I never noticed the gen vs rep DW font difference. Now I will always have this thought in the back of my mind despite it being hardly noticeable itl lol.
Sometimes its better off not knowing these little small differences and just enjoy the rep. (Ignorance is bliss)

Reactions: Batoche and saucin

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
For me its a no go. Even though I really like the green dial, I think I will get the AT Ryder Cup 8900 or a 8500 model.

I just couldnt find (with google search) any long and good AT 8500 thread to read about the different models.
If one of you knows a long good thread about the 8500 AT, would you please be so kind and share (link) it with me?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
For me what put me off was that they sound like a kids rattle when you tap the watch, not the rotar sound which is minimal.