• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

Kayjay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/19
Germany
Have people had issues with the omega logo not being aligned correctly? On my 3rd QC now and all 3 have had issues.

+1

Logo tilted
IMG-6895.jpg

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Have people had issues with the omega logo not being aligned correctly? On my 3rd QC now and all 3 have had issues.

There are well noted quality issues...but once you get a good one it’s a super rep.

wuhanclan

Horology Curious
19/5/19
How is the crown action on these? I've only bought 1 replica ever (LMPO v6) with an ETA2892 clone and the crown is quite wobbly on the stem. Everything functions but it doesn't inspire confidence when I'm setting the time/date.

bwsoldier

Horology Curious
5/9/19
Anyone who has one can you confirm the hour markers lume is more yellow than the white lume on the hands? Mine is this way so not sure if I got a bad one or its normal?

I've tried to take a picture but it doesn't show as bad as it looks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

5073200994efb6f108394f1d680bdb10.jpg

Last edited:

Kayjay

2/7/19
Germany
Hey guys,

I ordered two AT8900 with Puretime and received QC pics yesterday. What do you think of the logo?
I think they look crooked on both of them.
​​​​​​Any help is appreciated!
IMG-0139.jpg

IMG-0141.jpg

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I have two of these since some months ago and they practically have the same crooked logo. IRL almost indistinguishable in the wrist and was not a dealbreaker for me. Guess it is a problem of the whole batch or even of the original design.

kalbotron

26/6/14
I maybe too lazy to backread but just in case, anyone here has the new white dial / orange hand? Looks like not a popular choice (I've been seeing the blue dial mostly). I am looking to do a next purchase at PureTime and I ma leaning towards the 41mm dual strap (SS and Rubber).

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I maybe too lazy to backread but just in case, anyone here has the new white dial / orange hand? Looks like not a popular choice (I've been seeing the blue dial mostly). I am looking to do a next purchase at PureTime and I ma leaning towards the 41mm dual strap (SS and Rubber).

I have this one. The rep rubber for the white dial looks nothing like gen in the flesh (gen is actually grey with thicker stitching). I'd go for bracelet.

Last edited:

kalbotron

26/6/14
I have this one. The rep rubber for the white dial looks nothing like gen in the flesh (gen is actually grey with thicker stitching). I'd go for bracelet.

Now this is informative! Thanks Kaddy! Will follow your recommendation.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Hey guys,

I ordered two AT8900 with Puretime and received QC pics yesterday. What do you think of the logo?
I think they look crooked on both of them.
​​​​​​Any help is appreciated!
IMG-0139.jpg

IMG-0141.jpg

I didn't see what was wrong untli the chrome logo on the blue face. The left side of the logo is aligned and level with the lines in the dial. The right foot of the Omega seems to be machined incorrectly, so as to make it impossible to align both feet on the same level plane. Or am I seeing things?

Kayjay

2/7/19
Germany
I didn't see what was wrong untli the chrome logo on the blue face. The left side of the logo is aligned and level with the lines in the dial. The right foot of the Omega seems to be machined incorrectly, so as to make it impossible to align both feet on the same level plane. Or am I seeing things?

You are right. The logo on the blue face is machined incorrectly while the logo on the white face is "just" slightly crooked. This might be corrected by peeling it off and reglue it. Also take a look at the spoiled "E" of the OMEGA wording on the blue face.

I don't know if it's noticable in real life tbh..

Last edited:

monstermunch

Horology Curious
10/8/19
Just received my VSF aqua terra and the crown doesn't move at all? Am I doing something wrong? First mechanical watch.

CognitiveDissonance

19/10/19
Do the blue dials still have the purple hue problem? I really love those, but from previous posts I can see it's noticeable