• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

hawkmusician

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/16
Just getting one now... Is the purple hue on the dark blue really noticeable? Thanks!

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
After smashing the rear crystal mine a couple of weekends ago and now looking at the daunting task of stripping it down to find what shards are blocking the movement, does anyone have any idea as to what is different between the 8500 and the 8900 rep movements?

hawkmusician

22/9/16
Hi, I am interested i this question myself, really like the look of the dark blue but need to know how it looks for real ?

Hi there,

Went for the diver in the end... Bit sad about it but the purple hue does bother me and I was wanting a blue watch this time around... So it'll be for the next version ;)

Reactions: Razorig2

sweatyrepair

Looking Around
10/4/19
Anyone know when VSF is gonna release the new aqua terras with sedna (rose) gold? like this one
https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...22022412102001
I think they are making according to kobe! cant wait till release!
omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-150m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-41-mm-22022412102001-l.png

search
Cheers!

Shurething

Horology Curious
9/7/18
Raising this thread back up.

I'm the guy that was sent the watch with the misaligned hand stack 3 months ago. I just got my watch back from the TD and guess what?! The hand stack is still completely misaligned. It's a really nice feeling to wait for three months after paying for shipping back to China only to receive the same watch with exactly the same problem. Oh, they said they fixed it and showed me pictures of it fixed, so how could this be, you ask?

Turns out- if you try hard enough, when setting the hour on the watch, you can get the hour hand in juuuuuuust the right spot to be able to push the crown to the locked position without the hour hand switching to its misaligned state. This way, it looks like the watch is actually aligned properly. This is how they convinced me that there was nothing wrong with it in QC. This is how they took the photos during the RMA when they told me it was fixed prior to sending it back to me. Eventually, after the hands move from the movement and the hour hand will pop back into its 'normal' misaligned spot.

Look, its fixed they say!
https://imgur.com/a/rfdDPjR

No, no it really isn't fixed.
https://imgur.com/a/ycniAEQ

I've asked for a full refund. We'll see how that goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: utopia13

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
o
Raising this thread back up.

I'm the guy that was sent the watch with the misaligned hand stack 3 months ago. I just got my watch back from the TD and guess what?! The hand stack is still completely misaligned. It's a really nice feeling to wait for three months after paying for shipping back to China only to receive the same watch with exactly the same problem. Oh, they said they fixed it and showed me pictures of it fixed, so how could this be, you ask?

Turns out- if you try hard enough, when setting the hour on the watch, you can get the hour hand in juuuuuuust the right spot to be able to push the crown to the locked position without the hour hand switching to its misaligned state. This way, it looks like the watch is actually aligned properly. This is how they convinced me that there was nothing wrong with it in QC. This is how they took the photos during the RMA when they told me it was fixed prior to sending it back to me. Eventually, after the hands move from the movement and the hour hand will pop back into its 'normal' misaligned spot.

Look, its fixed they say!
https://imgur.com/a/rfdDPjR

No, no it really isn't fixed.
https://imgur.com/a/ycniAEQ

I've asked for a full refund. We'll see how that goes.

Who was the TD? you could have sold this with a local watchsmith, I think.

Shurething

Horology Curious
9/7/18
o

Who was the TD? you could have sold this with a local watchsmith, I think.

Thanks Leo. Yeah, I asked around to a couple of the watchsmiths here prior to RMA'ing it. The first stated that since it was a clone movement he wouldn't want to touch it and the other said it may be possible to fix it. At this point I wanted to give the TD the benefit of the doubt. I'm in the process of submitting a 'Help Desk' ticket and would like to complete that process before naming the TD. I know that naming and shaming prior to allowing the mods the opportunity to be involved isn't taken kindly.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

Kayjay

2/7/19
Germany
Hi there,

since I'm only interested in a blue dial, would you recommend the older VSF 8500 Aqua Terra over the newer VSF 8900 to avoid the purplish hue? Or do they both have it (to a certain degree)?
My favourite would be an Aqua Terra rep with the skyfall blue dial but since its no longer available, i'm trying to get as close as possible (colourwise).

Thank you

alexpaf

18/3/15
its no longer available
Do you guys know if VSF really stopped producing the 8500 AT anymore? It is a marvel!
I think this topic kinda cooled off the last few months, how your master chronometers AT are holding up so far?
Thanks!

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I just got mine. The bracelet is a little bit jangly. Is this normal on Aqua Terras or it the rep bracelet not that great? Very impressed with the dial and the case though.

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
I just got mine. The bracelet is a little bit jangly. Is this normal on Aqua Terras or it the rep bracelet not that great? Very impressed with the dial and the case though.

First thing I noticed on mine, bracelet felt a bit cheap.

jpferry315

16/9/18
Ewing, NJ
Do you guys know if VSF really stopped producing the 8500 AT anymore? It is a marvel!
I think this topic kinda cooled off the last few months, how your master chronometers AT are holding up so far?
Thanks!

I have the gray dial 8900 and it;s been holding up great. I worn the watch today after sitting a week and was able to correct the date and time with no issues. I set it to the Hodikee atomic clock and is spot on down to the second. I don't know if the 8500 is still around in some older versions but no problems with my 8900.

Reactions: alexpaf

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I checked out a gen bracelet and it felt just as flimsy jangly as the rep. Kind of unexpected for an expensive watch but it is what it is I guess.

Andy737

9/2/19
As I wrote before, the vsf bracelet is slightly lighter than the original.
PS. owned an omega 8500 gen

Last edited:

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
The edges of the vsf bracelet are very sharp (normal for reps i guess?)
Can anyone suggest a recommended tool/method to smooth those edges? or is it just better to ask a local watch smith to do it.

LChuggingtin

Horology Curious
16/3/19
Thanks to everyone in this thread - just ordered the AT 8900 black from a TD. This will be my first rep. 2 rookie questions: 1) What kind of spring bar do people use to change the straps or remove links? Anything specific (bergeon tool?) anyone could recommend? 2) I was looking at croc leather straps in black - has anyone tried removing the deployment clasp from the rubber and trying it on leather?

Thanks in advance.