• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I would have.
​​​​​Whatever misalignment there is - frankly, I have difficulty spotting it - will be unnoticeable in real life.

We are used to hi res blown-up pics here on the forum, that reveal the kind of details that are simply almost invisible to the naked eye when you hold the watch in your hand.

I totally understand you want the best possible deal, but at some point you may just want to accept that this is as good as it gets.

​​​​​

​​

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
The other watches were bad mks smps, which he himself admitted were faulty when i pointed out the mistakes (misaligned inserts, a HOLE near the pearl, v1 like engravings in insert..)
​​​​
on top of that, i asked EVERY SINGLE TIME for timegraph and detailed pics, which i had to wait for EVERY SINGLE TIME for two days after the first 4 arrived.
The datewheel i can live with. Misaligned logo? No. Not in a dial which has horizontal lines.
​​​​​​Don't care if he blacklists me as i am not going to buy anymore from him. As i already said, my feeling is that i got sent pics of pre rejected watches which he is trying to sell to a newbie
​​​​​​
​​

I thought you were on your 4th Aqua Terra. :)
My bad. :)

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
It's ok. Just hope next td will provide better ones..
i just want an aligned datewheel and logo, that's it!

​​​​​

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I just realized that I posted this info on the other thread.

Here is the information that will ends the confusion about the date wheel colors on the gray dial Aqua Terra.

Now I can confirm that at least there is some numbers of the genuine Omega Aqua Terra Gray dial model watch with the BLACK color date and WHITE color background date wheel.

The picture of genuine watches below shows the evidence from the Authentic Omega shop. I took the picture and did try this on my wrist in person and took a look very closely, it was black date and white background date wheel on the gray dial Aqua Terra.
IN CONCLUSION: VSF version is correct.
50928baa6f2aecfcfc6b7460f84dde51.jpg
e4ebb4350f7a9ae6e78090a408a76e37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The date wheel color is actually white when you see it in person.

The watches on the picture is under the glass showcase box.

But I had a chance to see it outside of the glass showcase box. The date wheel color was white actually. I was able to see the white dial watches too.

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Good search for info vcappp but I think it really doesn't matter if the datewheel is of white or grey tone on the grey dial version aqua terra from vfs, the dial is still so flawed compared to the gen with the purple/pink hue on it so that is where you have to make your choice to buy it or not in my mind.

fishandbread

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/4/18
Hi,
I'm going to buy a white dial one. Are you satisfied with it?
Thanks

Yes! It is great! But you just need to check the alignment of the omega logo and indices in your QC pictures. If those are nicely aligned, it is a perfect watch! Thats why i am considering to get a black dial as well

Reactions: arky

Shurething

Horology Curious
9/7/18
I just received my white AT from a trusted dealer here and immediately noticed a fairly major issue. The hour and minute hands do not line up appropriately. This was not the case in the QC pictures that I received, so I'm wondering what the heck happened between the QC pictures and me receiving the watch. I've initiated an RMA with the trusted dealer, but it's very frustrating to have this happen. Has anyone else seen something like this or experienced this before?

https://imgur.com/a/75nl9D7
AT Hour misalign

Hour Minute Misalign

Last edited:

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
I just received my white AT from a trusted dealer here and immediately noticed a fairly major issue. The hour and minute hands do not line up appropriately. This was not the case in the QC pictures that I received, so I'm wondering what the heck happened between the QC pictures and me receiving the watch. I've initiated an RMA with the trusted dealer, but it's very frustrating to have this happen. Has anyone else seen something like this or experienced this before?

https://imgur.com/a/75nl9D7
AT Hour misalign

Hour Minute Misalign

Wow that is way off, try pulling it out half click and setting just the hour hand to see if it maybe clicks into place. If you don't want to send it back that's probably a pretty cheap job if you have a local watchmaker.

Reactions: vcappp

Shurething

Horology Curious
9/7/18
Wow that is way off, try pulling it out half click and setting just the hour hand to see if it maybe clicks into place. If you don't want to send it back that's probably a pretty cheap job if you have a local watchmaker.

It truly seems like a misaligned hand stack. You can try setting the hour hand with the first half-click setting and it will jump hours appropriately, but will remain misaligned. The movement seems to be working normally. If you are patient, you can move the hour hand to the halfway point in its setting before it jumps into place and it will look aligned, but any time you push the crown back to its normal operating spot it will snap forward or backwards to its misaligned point. I believe the TD knew this was an issue and managed to set the hands correctly for the front-facing QC pictures, as once they put it on the timegrapher you can just barely tell through the picture that the stack is misaligned. After seeing the front facing pictures and the appropriate alignment, I barely even looked at the watch itself on the timegrapher shot as I had no reason to doubt that the front-facing pictures were anything but legitimate. It feels pretty shitty to be taken advantage of like that. I suppose I've learned my lesson from this particular TD and won't be dealing with them again. I'm going to look into some US based repair shops to see if they can restack the hands.

https://imgur.com/a/WRnjQLg

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Have you notified the TD and what was his response?
If not to your satisfaction you should inform a mod about this.

jpferry315

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/18
Ewing, NJ
How is everyone finding their straps? I have seen people say both are cheap/bad/okay through various threads

I found the rubber strap to be the best, the SS bracelet felt cheap and very light so switched it up. The rubber strap with DC fits me perfect and I like the looks. See my pic above.

Justcurious321

4/11/18
Good to hear mostly positive things about the bracelet compared to the previous negative posts I’ve read mostly

Andy737

9/2/19
The bracelet is slightly lighter than the original one, but on the whole it is quite good.

Reactions: vcappp