• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

1ndianaJones

Horology Curious
27/2/19
Here's my blue one, had for a month. So far no issues with movement. Rubber straps arrived chewed up, one side didn't fit the watch. Actively looking for replacement. Thoughts? Dial?
23bf7449f3c4f99bf03cb1e2e90011a5.jpg
eed39fb35899f77072eb632e78e5a762.jpg
6980d950ba5f5978d5433ca407951163.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Razorig2

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
WTF man, it looks as if that strap has been in a warehouse fire? :eek:

Reactions: Razorig2

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Can we get more pictures of the dial, outdoor photos in daydaylight would be great and lume shot. Want to see if dial is actually purple or blue. Thanks

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Can we get more pictures of the dial, outdoor photos in daydaylight would be great and lume shot. Want to see if dial is actually purple or blue. Thanks

Trust me on this, the dial has some purple hue to it though not as bad as the grey one.
Can't show you any pics of mine as it is on service right now, and besides that, pictures doesn't always tell you the full story.
Depending of light and camera/phone you use, the purple hue can be seen or not seen, but it is there.

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Thanks for your honesty, think I will skip this until they sort out the dial colours. Hoping a V2 will come out.

jaqueh

Horology Curious
2/8/16
I know that on the gen watch the rubber has to be sized down. Is that true for the VSF as wel? If so, how did you go about doing that?

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
my Aqua Terra is for sale in the sales section if anyone wants a RIO edition

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
guys isn't the butterfly clasp wrong on all non gmt models?
The clasp has both the Omega logo and the "Omega" text underneath it, whilst to my knowledge there should only be the logo on GEn clasps..
Am i missing something?

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
anyone know what the difference is?
Don't think Omega is putting randomly one or the other on the same model

Reactions: vcappp

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
just rejected my first Intime QC for a golf ed Aqua Terra (after switching from MKS SMP 2012) :(

https://imgur.com/a/VzmFLNY

I can't understand why Ryan keeps sending me QC pics of defective watches..
omega logo is crooked and in a horizontal parallel line dial it's quite immediate to notice..
Should the dial be different, i would accept it..
Also datewheel is way off

Hope next one is better or i will ask for refund (fifth defective watch i get)

Reactions: vcappp

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
just rejected my first Intime QC for a golf ed Aqua Terra (after switching from MKS SMP 2012) :(

https://imgur.com/a/VzmFLNY

I can't understand why Ryan keeps sending me QC pics of defective watches..
omega logo is crooked and in a horizontal parallel line dial it's quite immediate to notice..
Should the dial be different, i would accept it..
Also datewheel is way off

Hope next one is better or i will ask for refund (fifth defective watch i get)

Datewheel off ? Yes, but for how much ? Few microns ? Even GEN watches often have same issue. Crooked logo ? Again, by a degree or two.
I have to be frank m8, but this is called nitpicking. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan blacklists you after 4th watch like this.

Reactions: Snil and emzeeka

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
Datewheel off ? Yes, but for how much ? Few microns ? Even GEN watches often have same issue. Crooked logo ? Again, by a degree or two.
I have to be frank m8, but this is called nitpicking. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan blacklists you after 4th watch like this.

The other watches were bad mks smps, which he himself admitted were faulty when i pointed out the mistakes (misaligned inserts, a HOLE near the pearl, v1 like engravings in insert..)
​​​​
on top of that, i asked EVERY SINGLE TIME for timegraph and detailed pics, which i had to wait for EVERY SINGLE TIME for two days after the first 4 arrived.
The datewheel i can live with. Misaligned logo? No. Not in a dial which has horizontal lines.
​​​​​​Don't care if he blacklists me as i am not going to buy anymore from him. As i already said, my feeling is that i got sent pics of pre rejected watches which he is trying to sell to a newbie
​​​​​​
​​

Reactions: utopia13

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19

https://imgur.com/a/yUzXlhx

you can see it better in this one.
In all honestly, you would have accepted this watch?