• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

trobadur

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/2/12
Problem or is normal for this newn vsf movement som time wind from crow if I turn back need to shake tha watch before start to wind from crown . It is normal? Som one have same issue?
Aqua terra 150 new vSF .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Problem or is normal for this newn vsf movement som time wind from crow if I turn back need to shake tha watch before start to wind from crown . It is normal? Som one have same issue?
Aqua terra 150 new vSF .

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say here but it definitely sounds like something is wrong. Can you see anything that looks off through the case back?

trobadur

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/2/12
Wen I unscrew crown watch not wind from crown need to shake to rotor move and start wind but I here som streng kliking from crown before start wind . This watch is brand new arrive before weeks to me from TD. On the case back look good keep nice accuracy.

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Wen I unscrew crown watch not wind from crown need to shake to rotor move and start wind but I here som streng kliking from crown before start wind . This watch is brand new arrive before weeks to me from TD. On the case back look good keep nice accuracy.

I just got mine a few weeks ago and it doesn't have this issue. When I unscrew the crown it winds nicely without any fuss.

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
The screwed up stitch in my deep blue strap is still annoying me. Anybody know if anyone is selling just the straps?

Any TD can probably get them but the shipping cost might not be worth it, better to wait for another watch purchase and add them onto the order.

chuynh1109

22/8/18
oh man, so I ended up not purchasing one of these for now.. it's still on my want list, however I went to visit my local Grand Seiko Boutique and walked away with the new GS SBGN001

Reactions: jpferry315

Beemer913

9/10/17
Just a heads up, walked into a duty free omega shop while travelling, was wearing the grey one, sales lady said”nice watch, did they just come out with this purple/pinkish colour?”

-__-“

I had just gotten off a 7 hour flight, shoulda taken it off before entering...Grey dial is very off and a big tell for sure!

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Except for the grey one (which IMHO - I'm sorry to say - looks tacky, gen or not) I really like these VSF Aqua Terra.
Personally I would opt for deep blue, but it appears to have a purple hue in nearly all rep pics I've seen.

Is it fair to say that VSF has come up with an amazing rep that has one major flaw, being the dial colour?
And are the black and white dial versions actually the best of the bunch?

Off: Omega of course produces way too many versions and editions and what have you.
But when they get it right...they certainly get it very right and come up with something stunning, I think.

Reactions: Razorig2

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Just a heads up, walked into a duty free omega shop while travelling, was wearing the grey one, sales lady said”nice watch, did they just come out with this purple/pinkish colour?”

-__-“

I had just gotten off a 7 hour flight, shoulda taken it off before entering...Grey dial is very off and a big tell for sure!

Haha. What did you tell her? Seriously though, I'm not a fan of that watch, but to call the dial purple/pinkish is a bit of stretch. Certainly it's not that bad?

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
I knew the dial would be called out, it's an instant tell. Having seen the gen and worn it in person, it holds an ice cold grey tone. Whereas the rep has a clear pink/purple tint, it's a dead giveaway. All you have to do is look at the colour tone of the casing and the dial of the rep, one has a cool tone and the other has a warm tone. Really hoping they sort out the dial colours for the grey and both the blue dials which are still very much a gross purple /blue.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Except for the grey one (which IMHO - I'm sorry to say - looks tacky, gen or not) I really like these VSF Aqua Terra.
Personally I would opt for deep blue, but it appears to have a purple hue in nearly all rep pics I've seen.

Is it fair to say that VSF has come up with an amazing rep that has one major flaw, being the dial colour?
And are the black and white dial versions actually the best of the bunch?

Off: Omega of course produces way too many versions and editions and what have you.
But when they get it right...they certainly get it very right and come up with something stunning, I think.

Black dial and white dial versions are spot on to gen...the others are nice but do differ:D

Beemer913

9/10/17
fuzzmexRazorig2 tbh it’s only bad in certain lighting, but razors explanation Is spot on. Also I really still do love the grey, just kinda bummed I got called out, I told the lady I guess it’s just the angle...shitty excuse.

Also shitty since I just got the new gen Seamaster pro lmao

Reactions: Razorig2

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I’m starting to have weird issues with winding my clone movement. I’ll take it to my watchmaker buddy. It feels as if something up in the keyless works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk