• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

flax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/07
That is more what I would expect. I will email the TD back and ask for another. Besides the thickness it has other issues as well so I was going to reject it anyway but thanks for confirmation.

All of my AT's are 13.6mm :D

20190111-210416.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

HariSeldon

Horology Curious
5/11/09
Can you post a side profile of one of yours up close? I think the case back of mine is thicker.
Have you emailed them to make sure they zeroed the caliper? Seems like that could be a possibility too, although kind of amateur hour if so.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Have you emailed them to make sure they zeroed the caliper? Seems like that could be a possibility too, although kind of amateur hour if so.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I thought about that but then he also sent this photo so I know its right on.

bora12

4/10/17
Just got a QC of mine. I think it looks great but the datewheel does not look centered. Is this the norm for these watches? I'm usually not too picky but I have a Breitling with an off centered datewheel (single digits only) and honestly it kind of drives me mad sometimes.

Thoughts?
06d3163863adbcbf2b87977c8fc8889e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Razorig2

JJYab

Looking Around
13/12/16
What would be the closest option in 38.5mm, (blue dial preferably) ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gilrob

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
So basically the flaws are blue and grey dial color isn't the same, what about dw color?

Anyone having issues with the movement, is it silent and reliable?

How's the quality of the two straps, rubber one logo falls off? How about the metal one?

Not sure what color I should buy and if I should wait for a new version...

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
So basically the flaws are blue and grey dial color isn't the same, what about dw color?

Anyone having issues with the movement, is it silent and reliable?

How's the quality of the two straps, rubber one logo falls off? How about the metal one?

Not sure what color I should buy and if I should wait for a new version...

Movement is good so far, silent and still with excellent power reserve and accuracy.

The bracelet is definitely a weak point, it was the first thing I noticed when I unboxed it. I don't have a gen to compare it to but the weight and heftiness of it feels worse comparing to a noob rolex bracelet, a gen replacement is $800 so it's passable for what it is.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Light blue or deep blue is more accurate to gen ?

Thanks-

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Neither of the blues are, they have a purple hue to them. Wish VSF would make a V2 with an updated dial colour. It's an instant tell it's a rep. Having seen both in person.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Neither of the blues are, they have a purple hue to them. Wish VSF would make a V2 with an updated dial colour. It's an instant tell it's a rep. Having seen both in person.

Yes me too :)
​​​​​​For v1 I'd go for the black or white model. Blue and grey both look too off on pictures. Unfortunately haven't seen them in real life..

henchr

29/1/19
Norway
On the topic of dial colors, is it the same for the 43.5mm GMT? I've been looking at the blue version, but if the dial color is way off I'll head for the black. Also, is the bracelet anything to write home about?

Deathminder

21/11/17
Germany
On the topic of dial colors, is it the same for the 43.5mm GMT? I've been looking at the blue version, but if the dial color is way off I'll head for the black. Also, is the bracelet anything to write home about?

the blue on the "older" vsf ones are pretty accurate so the blue gmt is fine wich isnt using the dark or light blue colours

henchr

29/1/19
Norway
the blue on the "older" vsf ones are pretty accurate so the blue gmt is fine wich isnt using the dark or light blue colours

Thanks my dude. Haven't found much info about it, so I'm just looking around before I pull the trigger after CNY.