• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

trobadur

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/2/12
Wat is right to be Presure fitted or glued?
Is is glued hou can remove the rotor ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
In my opinion - it is the cover of the rotor fixing screw. This element simply broke away and got under the rotor blocking it.

on this picture the cover is on the rotor:

https://imgur.com/yRVOz0P

I'm not sure but it seems to me that this element is probably glued to the rotor.

I can confirm it's glued, and it's actually two pieces, a steel "donut" and a black disc

Reactions: leo6929

Rmartin77

Known Member
18/12/15
My perfect VsF.....
5a078aaf68172c6cc695db16d59c1805.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk

Beemer913

9/10/17
So much want!!! Have the grey one on order, just kinda disappointed about how they did all the venter of the needles as per gen EXCEPT for the grey one :(

Reactions: Razorig2

topgun_88

Known Member
1/12/15
Hi guys, someone can explain or suggest which movement is better between: A8900 and A8500? I like the new Aqua Terra 150m but i personally prefer the data on the right side not in the bottom

topgun_88

Known Member
1/12/15
Thanks for the answer. I’d like to know who is more gen like watch+movement and more reliable????

topgun_88

Known Member
1/12/15
Cool to know!! So they got brand new movements and how about the cases? are them brand new too? I’ve seen comparison pics about the 2018 version but not so much info about the 2014 one

mercedesAMG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/16
can someone explain what this little piece does on the rep 8900 movement? Bottom photo is GEN... Didnt PAM reps have this same flaw for a few yrs?

gNKqa.jpg

gN6vg.jpg

Reactions: LaPavel

flax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/07
can someone explain what this little piece does on the rep 8900 movement? Bottom photo is GEN... Didnt PAM reps have this same flaw for a few yrs?

gNKqa.jpg

gN6vg.jpg
This is speed regulator. With this you can adjust your watches on timegrapher for maximum accuracy.

Second regulator on left is beat regulator, do not touch it if you don't have timegrapher.

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
Ordered my White dial both bracelets today. Along with the 43.5 VSF PO.

Cant wait to get these guys home with the VSF 43.5 GMT I already have.

Kostel

Looking Around
16/12/18
Hi guys,

I'm am very tempted to pull the trigger on the V2 43.5 variant (black) on in time.

I'm new to replica watches and have spent a few hours reading this site and learnt a lot, so thanks!

A couple of questions I've struggled to find answers for.

1) What is the reliability of these clone movements like, what could I expect in terms of longevity from the movement? I know they are new, so data is sparse but any experiences of previous clone movements from VSF?

2) I'm concerned about servicing, it looks like it may be a struggle to get a cloned rep serviced? I've been advised that you should always service every rep upon receipt as it's likely to be dry/dirty?

I know they are reps and I don't expect gen quality for $370, but would like to think they would be usable for a couple of years?

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I started wearing my reps the moment I received them. I don’t have the luxury of having easily accessible rep friendly watchmaker. I wouldn’t worry too much about it’s reliability. I think they are very good movement.

Reactions: vcappp

Beemer913

9/10/17
Alright so I've been going back and forth with a TD regarding my QC pics. As mentioned before by another member, there is a stitching defect on the strap. Two of the stitches seem to have joined and look like one long one. Anyone else have this problem? Is it common? Should I just take it?