• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Its slightly tilted down on the leftt side. Mine is that way too. Seems like a thing of the batch. Hardly noticeable in real life.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Its slightly tilted down on the leftt side. Mine is that way too. Seems like a thing of the batch. Hardly noticeable in real life.

It's actually quite easy to fix too. My black/green had that and just opening the watch and fixing this take 2 minutes.

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It's actually quite easy to fix too. My black/green had that and just opening the watch and fixing this take 2 minutes.

could you please tell more how you did that within only 2 minute?

Can it be rotated without any special chemical treatment?

thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
could you please tell more how you did that within only 2 minute?

Can it be rotated without any special chemical treatment?

thanks.

You uncase the movement and use something (I use pegwood stick) to tilt the logo back. It's fixed on the dial in the center, so the sides aren't glued (at least mine wasn't )
be gentle, it's fragile!

Giando11

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
25/11/18
Hi, anyone resolve the noise of the rotor of this watch? i've buy vsf 8900 clone...i love this watch but the noise are unberable

fishandbread

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/4/18
You uncase the movement and use something (I use pegwood stick) to tilt the logo back. It's fixed on the dial in the center, so the sides aren't glued (at least mine wasn't )
be gentle, it's fragile!

Do you know if you can do this to slightly tilted minute markers?

internet

29/11/18
Germany / NRW
I have had my dark blue for about three weeks now. I can confirm that the rotor/movement is silent and everything lines up. I’ve only worn it on the rubber strap and it feels good. The only issue I had was with the stitching on the strap that I reported a few pages back. Otherwise all good, well recommended!

Are you still satisfied with the rubber? Is the quality recommended?

CartoonZombie

31/10/18
UK
Are you still satisfied with the rubber? Is the quality recommended?

I've had my white one for a couple of weeks now and I always wear it on the rubber strap. I think it's great, super comfortable and looks fantastic. Perfect for any non-formal occasions.

Tommastie

Known Member
Certified
18/8/18
Does anyone have date window alignment issues?

NlNGD.jpg

Averse

3/8/18
LIttle update regarding my previous post in this thread about the noise coming from inside the movement whenever I turn my wrist.

I changed from the rubber strap to the bracelet and for some reason I the noise disappeared. Like it is no longer a problem, but I find it very weird.

Anyone have any idea what the reason for this could be?

Reactions: vcappp

tom angel

Horology Curious
8/12/18
I would like to alert you to a problem that occurred in my watch and that could potentially damage the mechanism. After two days of wearing the watch I noticed that the watch was more than 50 seconds late and the rotor stopped rotating. After removing the watch I tried to shake it in order to put the rotor in a rotation and then the watch stopped working. Then I shook the watch again and then I noticed that there was something in the case that had fallen out of the mechanism. I opened the casing and removed this element - luckily for me the watch now works fine. Below the photo of the element:

https://imgur.com/8S4uldI

https://imgur.com/hNI95vz

8S4uldI.jpg

hNI95vz.jpg

Last edited:

Averse

3/8/18
I would like to alert you to a problem that occurred in my watch and that could potentially damage the mechanism. After two days of wearing the watch I noticed that the watch was more than 50 seconds late and the rotor stopped rotating. After removing the watch I tried to shake it in order to put the rotor in a rotation and then the watch stopped working. Then I shook the watch again and then I noticed that there was something in the case that had fallen out of the mechanism. I opened the casing and removed this element - luckily for me the watch now works fine. Below the photo of the element:

https://imgur.com/8S4uldI

https://imgur.com/hNI95vz

8S4uldI.jpg

hNI95vz.jpg

Thanks for the information friend, will have a look if this might have something to do with it

Vynil

29/11/18
I saw the pictures friend, incredible!! I hope it is an element not necessary to the mechanics of the rep!!

tom angel

Horology Curious
8/12/18
I saw the pictures friend, incredible!! I hope it is an element not necessary to the mechanics of the rep!!

In my opinion - it is the cover of the rotor fixing screw. This element simply broke away and got under the rotor blocking it.

on this picture the cover is on the rotor:

https://imgur.com/yRVOz0P

I'm not sure but it seems to me that this element is probably glued to the rotor.