• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
More pics of gen with white date wheel and black font, this is really a mistery. Could it be that this was a prototype shared with reviewers and used for official photoshooting and then the final release had a grey datewheel with blue font?

9A0oe.jpg

9AkWT.jpg

9AxhA.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

GaalDoma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
More pics of gen with white date wheel and black font, this is really a mistery. Could it be that this was a prototype shared with reviewers and used for official photoshooting and then the final release had a grey datewheel with blue font?

Yes, I believe this is an acceptable theory! I checked the pictures on Instagram and whenever a white DW version appears that picture was taken by a dealer/reviewer. Other pictures by real owners are all with gray DW. On the other hand, the gray DW must have a very interesting paint layer because it really looks white in many cases.

Even on this pic uploaded by Omega itself, it looks white:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjkR9cFDKvs/

But on the previous post it's gray:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjhtEM5jwnd/

Last edited:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Yes, I believe this is an acceptable theory! I checked the pictures on Instagram and whenever a white DW version appears that picture was taken by a dealer/reviewer. Other pictures by real owners are all with gray DW. On the other hand, the gray DW must have a very interesting paint layer because it really looks white in many cases.

Even on this pic uploaded by Omega itself, it looks white:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjkR9cFDKvs/

But on the previous post it's gray:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjhtEM5jwnd/

Other pic from a member of Watchuseek, taken in an AD, and it still looks white with black font, that DW is a chamelon...

9Bzra.jpg

GaalDoma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
Other pic from a member of Watchuseek, taken in an AD, and it still looks white with black font, that DW is a chamelon...

9Bzra.jpg

Yes, it is!

Anyways, if we compare it's color to the luminous middle of the indexes which is pure white, I'm almost sure to say this DW is gray.

fishandbread

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/4/18
9644f04e620d4aed672694d800c6dda1.jpg

I have received a QC pic of my aqua terra, would you accept the slight tilting of the tip of the 30-minute mark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beemer913

9/10/17
Anyone know what the bph of the clone 8900 is? I'm thinking most likely 28,800?

Beemer913

9/10/17
Really considering the grey one, might have to wait for the grey DW V2 lol...

And I'm sure one day they'll come up with a clone movement that replicates the correct bph

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
After closely reading this thread and some research, I have concluded that there are different batches of the grey dial, one with a grey datewheel with blue dates and the other with a white datewheel and black dates. In this Youtube video(link given) of the genuine watch, posted on 26th March, 2018, you can clearly see the white datewheel with the black date font. So, basically this datewheel is also fine IMO.
Youtube Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p12tpCRzeM9

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Just like the new Seamaster 300 with the pearl. The Prototype had a bigger pearl which overlap the triangle while the production model has a smaller one.

Omega do that quite often.

That said, normally, prototype should never be in the wild after launch : )

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Here is a screen cap from puretimes video of the grey dialed one.
If you look at it you could see that the numbers isn't pure black, but more very dark blue and the background of the DW isn't pure white either, more very light grey.
But as said earlier, don't think that should put the ones interested in buying this of, if you like the colour combo on it.

GEGjd.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

stu00a

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/12/10
USA
Enjoy my QC from PT. :) I really like this white dial version in combination with rubber strap... Awesome luxury-sports look.

at_01.jpg

at_02.jpg

at_03.jpg

at_04.jpg

at_05.jpg

at_06.jpg

at_07.jpg

at_08.jpg

at_10.jpg

Beautiful...

Please post some photos and impressions when you have it.

Thanks

Miko8442

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/10/18
Doesn't bother me at all. I just ordered the grey dial one and the white dial one. No one is gonna be like "hey, your date wheel color is off". Now the wait game for QC and delivery begins :)

The new seamaster 300 comes with wrong bracelet. Do you think people will say “hey, your bracelet is wrong are you wearing a fake”?

Reactions: dexterj