• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Does this supposed slilent update look apparent on my watch date wheel as well?

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
This Dealer isn’t trusted by this forum. Any of the TD’s in the TD section is safe to trade with. There’s quite a good guide in here explaining the buying process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jokes77

Horology Curious
22/10/20
This Dealer isn’t trusted by this forum. Any of the TD’s in the TD section is safe to trade with. There’s quite a good guide in here explaining the buying process

Actually, I've reached out to TT and Jtime. They all said: all watches we sell is/as shown on website photos. The problem is, they haven't updated it. With this in mind, can I buy the watch to get the QC pictures and then turn the order down if the DW font isn't silver? I am interested on the green dial but so far no one get the silver DW version and I am not sure which TD had it.

Last edited:

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Where did you buy it? I mean which TD?

It's Geektime, he's the absolute best I've ever dealt with. I've ordered an ARF OP 39mm and a ZZF Submariner. Super quick communication and shipping. As an example I have an issue with the ARF but he told me to send he watch to a watchsmith here in the States and he will pay for whatever is broken. Not many TD's would do that.

Reactions: NetworkMick

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
It's Geektime, he's the absolute best I've ever dealt with. I've ordered an ARF OP 39mm and a ZZF Submariner. Super quick communication and shipping. As an example I have an issue with the ARF but he told me to send he watch to a watchsmith here in the States and he will pay for whatever is broken. Not many TD's would do that.

Actually a few do and there's detail in the guides about how to manage this.

It's great that you've had a good experience but for newer members looking for a Trusted Dealer, remember that you will not be able to ask for support from the moderation team in here if the milk turns out to be sour and your dealer is not a Trusted Dealer on this forum.

Last edited:

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Actually a few do and there's detail in the guides about how to manage this.

It's great that you've had a good experience but for newer members looking for a Trusted Dealer, remember that you will not be able to ask for support from the moderation team in here if the milk turns out to be sour and your dealer is not a Trusted Dealer on this forum.

Fair enough! Just sharing my experience

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
After almost pulling the trigger for so many times I will get the dark blue one now. I'm missing a blue watch in my collection and the dark blue ones seems to be pretty amazing. As the rubber strap is so cheap I will get it with both, the bracelet and rubber strap, just to be able to try both. I'm really interested how I will like the watch. I have already sold many Omegas again (Gen Seamaster 300M, Rep Speedmaster and Seamaster Planet Ocean), I hope this one will be able to stay.

Reactions: Snil

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Just went through 90 pages of this thread and the general consensus is:

The 8900 movement is reliable, haven't heard of any horror stories.
Black+White are the super clones
Green seems to also be a good clone
Blue/Grey dials don't have the correct color and there is no news of a v2 release yet
Datewheel font color was silently fixed from white to silver

Was going to buy gen, but VSF really nailed it with the ATs.

you got that right, nailed it, i have a chance to buy the gen AT 8900 and the only difference i can notice when i make close inspection of it is the extra piece sticking out from the movement, which on the gen there is only 1 for the adjustment

Kurisu

Looking Around
25/12/20
My approved QC pic can’t wait

5a719262ed50d63311fc8496219426ed.jpg

I'm sorry to comment on an old post as a newbie, but as I get acquainted with the forum and the concept of TD/reps and this specific model, I needed to comment this specific one

Should the seconds hand be aligned with the 60 mark? Because it doesn't look vertical. Not a biggy, but then why is the minute hand not aligned with a mark? I understand the photo could be taken from an angle, but everything else seems fine.

Kurisu

Looking Around
25/12/20
My approved QC pic can’t wait

5a719262ed50d63311fc8496219426ed.jpg

I'm sorry to comment on an old post as a newbie, but as I get acquainted with the forum and the concept of TD/reps and this specific model, I needed to comment this specific one

Should the seconds hand be aligned with the 60 mark? Because it doesn't look vertical. Not a biggy, but then why is the minute hand not aligned with a mark? I understand the photo could be taken from an angle, but everything else seems fine.

Kurisu

Looking Around
25/12/20
(dunno how to delete or edit...)
It appears new reps have been published in December. VSF has a beautiful Worldtimer which uses an A8938, and OXF has a A2824-based AT. Maybe OXF' dials are better, but having a better VSF rep sounds more interesting.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

The seconds hand is a moving part. It's not on the 60 sec but slightly before it. Also the watch is not perfectly positioned by the person holding it, which enhances the impression of non vertical parts. It's just an angle... Nothing to worry about.

The minute hand is on the mark while the second hand shows a full minute. This happens when it's not set correctly. When you set the time always wait until the seconds hand is at 60 before pulling the crown.

Kurisu

Looking Around
25/12/20
It's just an angle...
I really thought so, but nothing looked wrong otherwise, hence my question. Did a straighten in my regular image processing software, came out finer, and accepted the remaining was the perspective.

When you set the time always wait until the seconds hand is at 60 before pulling the crown.
Thanks for the info. Through the thread, it appeared indeed the crown had some specific twist (ar ar ar), ie it needs some rotating before it unlocks and can be used as a regular/usual crown.

Anyway, still haven't decided on the color scheme!

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
indeed the crown had some specific twist
every watch I own (also the GEN ones) have this. Its not possible to adjust also the seconds hand. So always wait until the seconds hand reaches 12 and then pull the crown to set time and date. If you pull the crown when the seconds hand is at 6 then u need to set then minute hand between minutes.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I keep thinking whether to get one of these or a Rolex OP as a "GADA" watch.
That dark grey sure looks good.
These definitely have more panache with the bold arrow hands and bold indices.
I wish they never went to the horizontal "boat deck" lines on the dial, it should have been vertical. And I prefer the date window at 3 also.