• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
Thanks for the suggestions. I hoped it was an easy issue to solve. Is it common to send it back and just receive a refund instead of a repair? I would prefer that..

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Thanks for the suggestions. I hoped it was an easy issue to solve. Is it common to send it back and just receive a refund instead of a repair? I would prefer that..

I am not sure about that but you should consider the expense to ship it back to china in your decision.
Tell your TD about the issue and ask him what solutions he can offer.

Last edited:

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20

on brown leather strap. Think it’s perfect

Looks awesome! I legit love that watch. I get more compliments on it than any other rep I wear. It’s definitely a stunner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cloney

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20

on brown leather strap. Think it’s perfect

Looks awesome! I legit love that watch. I get more compliments on it than any other rep I wear. It’s definitely a stunner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Any idea where to find a gen green datewheel

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A715F met Tapatalk

Woodz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/15
Super interested in this beautiful rep, but i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to reps and watches in general, so i'm wondering if anyone can give me a hand :D

Can anyone who's owned this watch for a year or more vouch for the 8900 cloned movements reliability? I understand this is a difficult question to answer, but how long could I expect this movement to last?

Worth getting serviced on arrival or with TD (PT)? I'm in the UK and have no idea if any local watch-smiths would even work on a rep like this.

I've read this entire thread and seen a few people comment that the rotor is noisy and the watch can rattle when tapped or when moving your wrist. Would a TD (I would most likely order from Puretime) be able to check or something like this during QC, or if it arrived and was incredibly noisy potentially accept a return/replacement?

Am I being paranoid? :p
Sorry for all the questions :D

Last edited:

Subdued

20/11/19
Super interested in this beautiful rep, but i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to reps and watches in general, so i'm wondering if anyone can give me a hand :D

Can anyone who's owned this watch for a year or more vouch for the 8900 cloned movements reliability? I understand this is a difficult question to answer, but how long could I expect this movement to last?

Worth getting serviced on arrival or with TD (PT)? I'm in the UK and have no idea if any local watch-smiths would even work on a rep like this.

I've read this entire thread and seen a few people comment that the rotor is noisy and the watch can rattle when tapped or when moving your wrist. Would a TD (I would most likely order from Puretime) be able to check or something like this during QC, or if it arrived and was incredibly noisy potentially accept a return/replacement?

Am I being paranoid? :p
Sorry for all the questions :D

I hav 4 vsf with this movement and 1 arrived dead. The other 3 are with more than a year of usage.

Reactions: winnie_28

Woodz

3/12/15
I hav 4 vsf with this movement and 1 arrived dead. The other 3 are with more than a year of usage.

Thanks for the reply mate.

No issues with rotor noise or anything on the 3 working ones?

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Does the blue one still have the purple hue or has that been fixed now?

crazyninjadude

13/9/16
Does the blue one still have the purple hue or has that been fixed now?

There is no V2 to my knowledge, so all the flaws are still present. So you will see a slight purple hue, depending on the light, and depending on what colourway you choose. Personally, the purple doesn't really seem to be an issue in my eyes, as far as the dark blue is concerned. Take a look at the link below to see it in real life lighting conditions. Either way, its a freat rep at a great price, I would definitely recommend it.

https://imgur.com/a/N5Ouu0v

(disclaimer, this is not a video of my watch)

Max_smith1942015

Horology Curious
4/7/20
Hi guys. Just curious, I've rejected QC pics (basically RL'ed) I've received the first time after making the order. Is it normal/usual to not receive new QC pics (a replacement) afterwards for almost a month from a TD?

Vysie

29/7/20
Does anyone know if there is a replica of this one totally in love
VBY0t.jpg

Last edited:

Woodz

3/12/15
Haven't seen anyone mention this in this thread...

Aqua Terra Tokyo 2020, this and the PO have been out for a while. Really want VSF to rep this... That dial is a beauty.

OmegaTokyo2020Seamasterwristshots-2.jpg

Last edited:

Alex22

12/2/18
How many versions of blue are there? And which is the best (close to gen)? I would prefer black to tell the truth but I don't mind blue too.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Again, I do appreciate your effort in the research taken but I have about almost 10 QC pics of the dial and the blue is strikingly obvious (I don't mind sharing to anyone who's interested to take a look at them via PM). As compared to the articles from the links that you've shared or any of those found online with a white background/lighting.. My QC pics also feature white lighting and the blue really stands out. There's no need to even zoom in and I can already tell that it's blue.. Likewise for the YouTube video you can see it's black in colour and it's difficult instead to come to a conclusion that maybe it's slightly dark blue/black after watching that video.. Anyway I've communicated with the TD and see what they say about it..

Be careful when ordering the VSF Ryder Cup. Recently VSF changed the color of the "Co-Axial Master Chronometer" lettering from black to blue. I haven't had a gen in my hand yet, but in my opinion the lettering is clearly black compared to gen photos. A user had reported this to me and two TDs have now verified it for me. Fortunately, my VSF Ryder Cup, which I ordered last month, still has the black print. According to a TD, this was changed because the lettering on the gen would also be blue. I think that is incorrect. Please correct me, if I am wrong!
Notice that depending on how the light hits the hour marker the “blue” shade is different. The hour markers and text should be the same color and they appear to be.

I got my watch yesterday and I need to say that the blue font has exactly the same shade as the markers. The markers appear in different shades of blue depending the angle and light but their main color is the same as the print.