• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Looks great to me, but to each his own... I wouldn’t want black text lol. Looks so good with all matching blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to agree, that watch looks great. Black text would actually look odd and wouldn’t make a lot of sense aesthetically. Omega’s special Ed’s are usually very matchy-matchy.

seemeMatt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/17
826087ad9aa36bf75811747f85c9c78b.jpg

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Okay since this is requested then I'll post the pics here.

would you mind sharing one of your QC pics from the caseback? I have ordered the same watch and on my QC it seems that they changed the printing on the xtal from gold to black. I just want to see if its a watch problem or if the new batch is like this.
Thanks

Last edited:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
would you mind sharing one of your QC pics from the caseback? I have ordered the same watch and on my QC it seems that they changed the printing on the xtal from gold to black. I just want to see if its a watch problem or if the new batch is like this.
Thanks

Its allright TD just confirmed its gold and it was just the light playing a trick on me.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Is an amplitude of 255 for this 8900 rep acceptable?

Before you panic, consider there’s a good chance the watch isn’t fully wound. You can always ask your TD to give it a good wind and then send another pic.

Reactions: Chateaufort

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Before you panic, consider there’s a good chance the watch isn’t fully wound. You can always ask your TD to give it a good wind and then send another pic.

Will do but am i right, that it's supposed to be higher?
I had no panic, I am just not sure if its ok.

Last edited:

reqfed

Horology Curious
20/7/20

crazyninjadude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
Is an amplitude of 255 for this 8900 rep acceptable?

Yeah, that's acceptable. It also might be a bit higher in real life, since they usually don't wind them all the way when they put it on the timegrapher. A fully wound watch has a higher amplitude than a barely wound one.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

rotellapesante

9/6/20
I think it should be regulated. the escapement should not be affected by a charge difference. it is the spiral that moves little and can be adjusted. imho. i'm not a watchmaker...

Max_smith1942015

Horology Curious
4/7/20
Thanks

As requested. To me it seemed black.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
So I received my Aqua Terra today and it doesn’t work. I can wind it as much as possible, but nothing happens. I looked into the display case back and it seems the mainspring is not working properly. Any suggestions?

Rat Killer

Known Member
Certified
5/4/20
So I received my Aqua Terra today and it doesn’t work. I can wind it as much as possible, but nothing happens. I looked into the display case back and it seems the mainspring is not working properly. Any suggestions?

You will need to contact your TD and arrange for return shipping and repair.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

A service could fix this. Tell your TD about this problem and send a video with it. Offer him that you could send it to a local watchmaker to fix it and you should be able to figure out a satisfying solution about the costs.