• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

oh_lol

Horology Curious
23/11/15
The black, white and ryder cup are the best.
The light blue one has a flaw at the handstack.
The grey and blue ones have a purple hue in it.
the green and dark blue one have the wrong dw font colour.

Is that the white dimple face with 8500 movement?

Repseaker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/20
I like the look of the 150m better than the 150m chronometer, but really want a rubber strap. Is the rubber from the chronometer compatible with the 150m (date at 3)?

crazyninjadude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
I like the look of the 150m better than the 150m chronometer, but really want a rubber strap. Is the rubber from the chronometer compatible with the 150m (date at 3)?

it should be, as to my knowledge, they both have 20mm lug width

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Ah thanks mate! I wasn't sure if the 8500 (dimple face) or the 8900 (line face) was considered a super rep.
Good to know :)

none of them is considered a super rep! The 8900 at least has some models which should be in the first class +++ category afaik.

Last edited:

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
For example the VSF AT 8900: White, Black and Ryder cup should be First Class+++ as far as I read.

Could be First class: (after issues are adressed)
Gray has an issue with the hand stack. (silver hole instead of blue like the hand)
Green and dark blue have an issue with dw font colour. (on rep its white but on GEN its a silver looking colour or metal glued numbers ... idk)
both blue and the gray have an purple hue in the dial.
Is it possible to install a gen datewheel on the green one. Do you have an idea where you can buy one?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A715F met Tapatalk

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Is it possible to install a gen datewheel on the green one. Do you have an idea where you can buy one?

I would try on ebay. But I think the chances that you find one are quite small.
I dont know if a gen DW can be installed ... should be possible as it is an clone movment.

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
I would try on ebay. But I think the chances that you find one are quite small.
I dont know if a gen DW can be installed ... should be possible as it is an clone movment.
I need the green one :)

Cloney

Supporter
13/12/16
Germany
If you are in love with it then get it. Its up to you if you can live with the flaw.
Its still a sexy watch but for me the DW is a no go.

DW is no problem. You can‘t see it for one minute every hour:p
RtV9W.jpg

Last edited:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
For example the VSF AT 8900: White, Black and Ryder cup should be First Class+++ as far as I read.

Could be First class: (after issues are adressed)
Gray has an issue with the hand stack. (silver hole instead of blue like the hand)
Green and dark blue have an issue with dw font colour. (on rep its white but on GEN its a silver looking colour or metal glued numbers ... idk)
both blue and the gray have an purple hue in the dial.

I need to correct myself! I went to an AD today and tried on the light blue, dark blue and black. All of them had the silver font at the DW.
So it appears that only the white ones and the gray got the right DW font color.

So for me the only option to go is the white and the Ryder cup Version.

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Any idea where to purchase a gen datewheel to try?