• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

Troklo

23/12/15
That's what I've heard as well. It's very obvious in the grey dials. I recently came across the attached album of a dark blue AT and I can't see any purple. It makes me wonder if the issue has been addressed and a new version was released, or whether I need to get my eyes checked haha

I guess it's a personal taste the purple tint wouldn't bother me.
Besides it's only noticeable in certain lighting

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
My approved QC pic can’t wait

5a719262ed50d63311fc8496219426ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: saucin

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
Heyho,

Did anyone already test the water resistance? I know it’s a rep and the 150m water resistance can’t be reliable, but since it’s almost a super rep it could be that the water resistance is actually close too, right?

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Heyho,

Did anyone already test the water resistance? I know it’s a rep and the 150m water resistance can’t be reliable, but since it’s almost a super rep it could be that the water resistance is actually close too, right?

Not a chance...you can have the watch serviced and seals checked or replaced and possibly get a good WR...personally I try to never get my reps wet if I can help it...they are reps and the tolerances are not those of a gen watch...

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
I see, but still, it has a screw down crown, the case back should be quite impermeable, as well as the sapphire crystal in the front. Did anyone at least take it with them into the pool? :p

crazyninjadude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
I see, but still, it has a screw down crown, the case back should be quite impermeable, as well as the sapphire crystal in the front. Did anyone at least take it with them into the pool? :p

I've gone in water with cheap Chinese watches with next to no claimed water resistance before (30m) and been pleasantly surprised. No water entered the watches. I have yet to do so with any reps (the reps I have aren't particularly water worthy, being 1931 reverso, a black bay 41 with a slightly wonky crystal, and a temporarily misplaced explorer II).

If you do go into water with it, best to do it with a watch you consider to be disposable unless you know for a fact that the seals are good. Personally, I'm looking to get a U1 sub to experiment and learn how to waterproof and service a watch myself. Unfortunately, Jason007's shipping to Canada is as expensive as the watch itself.

Basically, your rep might have some waterproofing to it, but if the watch is not disposable to you, its best to verify that the seals are in good condition before you take it in the water.

Hope this helps

Brl_uk

Looking Around
9/6/20

I’ve just accepted this VSF Omega AT. Looking at the photos again and spotted this mark on the right handside near the crown - hoping it’s just a piece of dirt or the lip of a plastic cover. Anyone have any advice or thoughts? Ta

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Looking at the photos again and spotted this mark on the right handside near the crown - hoping it’s just a piece of dirt or the lip of a plastic cover. Anyone have any advice or thoughts? Ta

It simply looks like a weird reflection, not a mark due to damage. Your dealer probably sent you another frontal view, is the “mark” still there in those photos?

Brl_uk

Looking Around
9/6/20
Thanks for the response - yes it’s in another photo as well from another angle so definitely not a reflection!
I’ve accepted the photos - but also dropped them an email so hopefully not too late! If not I guess hope for the best when it arrives !
thanks

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
Got my AT today and [mention]Cloney [/mention]was right....I do not regret it! Gorgeous watch. Comes with two bands as well, both are fantastic. This watch is NWBIG in my opinion. Superb rep.

337396b04f197f1a490281937d5d5d0a.jpg

Did anyone compare the date window of the green Aqua Terra rep to the gen?

in pictures and YouTube videos the date wheel looks more dark green, almost black and the numbers look more 3 dimensional. On the rep the numbers seem to be flat on a brighter green date wheel.

dave75

22/8/13
ireland
Got my AT today and [mention]Cloney [/mention]was right....I do not regret it! Gorgeous watch. Comes with two bands as well, both are fantastic. This watch is NWBIG in my opinion. Superb rep.

337396b04f197f1a490281937d5d5d0a.jpg

Hi, Is that a 41mm? What size is your wrist?

CognitiveDissonance

19/10/19
Golf edition on a cheap leather barton strap. Green NATO is on the way. Also have the light blue dial + blue hands but have had major problems with that one.

Reactions: velinn