• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

reklamezonen

30/7/13
Am looking forward to see pic. Sir.
also interested in The green dial.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Alex22

12/2/18
So you don't see many weight differences with the rep? I am increasingly addressed for the black dial, it seems to me the best in terms of color and black would also be the color I like best. Reading the whole thread I have some other questions: 1) Is black really the best? 2) Is the movement reliable (now some have owned it for 12/15 months)? 3) It does not cost like the gen (400 vs 4000) but it is not free, if you need a revision are there watchmakers who put their hands on it? 4) For $ 20 more you can buy a bracelet + strap, I could think of taking both but is it easy to replace them? I have seen that some users have dropped the Omega symbol from the strap, are there any news? 5) What are the things I need to pay attention to when buying it (it's the first purchase)?
Thank you because I have been "studying" for some time and I have read a lot but I still have doubts. I'm trying to understand how to move to choose a TD (I think everyone is more or less the same) and what are the first steps ... site registration or email / mp? I think I will go with the black dial and bracelet + strap. I have two more questions: 1) in the quality control photos I will receive I have to check the alignments between symbols and writings above all but are there other tips you can give me on what to observe carefully? 2) I have seen that some have posted photos of the quality control here to ask for advice, is it possible for me? I read that it cannot be done if there are no valid reasons but perhaps it refers only to opening a new thread?

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Just got my QCs for the VSF green dial AT. Looks pretty good so far. I'll post some pics when I get the watch though I'm terrible at taking good pictures. :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Post your pics if you've already accepted! (You are allowed to do this, just not posting ur pics asking for other to do your whole QC for you). Thannks :)

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
Here's a few of the pics. They're all pretty bad so I didn't bother posting the rest. I'll post better ones when the watch arrives.
4f5de9f580ffcb20e9c295e5cc248853.jpg
9151c3609bf299a89aaa203beb4f0fba.jpg
7fa1ee96e2dfc7c28c47ccac6d7e08db.jpg

Reactions: Dissemination

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
It was a bit of a complicated situation. I was buying a couple of different things from the seller at the time and he sent me the QCs in one big batch. I okayed the other things and asked for better pics of the watch but the seller misunderstood me and just sent everything.
I can't really blame him because I was using Google translate to communicate with him and he gave me a truly amazing deal on the watch and the bags I ordered. Oh well, we'll see how it turns out. I'll post pics as soon as I get the watch.

Alex22

12/2/18
can you only use reddit for advice on QC photos? I have seen several QC discussions on reddit but I don't know if it's worth it, what do you say? I am almost convinced of the black AT 8900. I just have to totally convince myself and understand if the price ratio is cheap (400 rep - 4000 gen).

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
can you only use reddit for advice on QC photos? I have seen several QC discussions on reddit but I don't know if it's worth it, what do you say? I am almost convinced of the black AT 8900. I just have to totally convince myself and understand if the price ratio is cheap (400 rep - 4000 gen).

What happens when you post QC photos and simply asking for help is that you inadvertently get a lot of unfounded comments from the peanut gallery lol. Which is why it's not allowed here... to limit spread of misinformation.

Besides, if you like it, isn't that what matters? If you don't see anything wrong, why ask someone to put doubt in your mind? Just my pseudo philosophical meanderings lol.

In any case, if you get QC and have a specific concern, thennn you can ask for help :)

BigFAT32

Looking Around
20/4/20
Hi all,

New to that community, I'm about to buy an Omega AT Orange / white 8900 from PureTime.

Is it just an impression or Orange / white seems not to be the most love / buy here ?

So far, with all the QC I saw it seems to be a solid rep in that color. Any owner thoughts about that ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Grey1970

Renowned Member
27/8/17
Italy
Here's a few of the pics. They're all pretty bad so I didn't bother posting the rest. I'll post better ones when the watch arrives.
4f5de9f580ffcb20e9c295e5cc248853.jpg
9151c3609bf299a89aaa203beb4f0fba.jpg
7fa1ee96e2dfc7c28c47ccac6d7e08db.jpg

Seems to be a good one...please post more pics of the green dial

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Alex22

12/2/18
I am convinced. AT 8900 black with bracelet + strap. I just have to decide which TD (I'm on the first purchase so I have the usual doubts). I read a lot and I seem to have understood that the movement is reliable even if it is a clone. Exact? If (I hope not) he has problems or sooner or later a revision can I fix it or do you think it is impossible?

aronzin

Horology Curious
7/5/20
Italy
Hi guys, thanks for all the information shared. Great thread!
After having read the thread twice (afraid of receiving any yellow cards :)) I did not find the information I was looking for.

By looking at the gen pictures, it seems the rubber strap of the light blue dial is "lighter" then the rubber strap of the deep blue dial. Do you agree on that?

On the contrary, the strap in the two reps (light and deep blue) seems to be the same.

What's your idea?

thanks

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
I am noticing some of these come with black straps but the gen looks to be a dark gray strap. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this out of my control?

BigFAT32

Looking Around
20/4/20
Hi guys, I hope do not break any rules here...

I received my QC picture of my Aqua Terra white / orange from PT, so far everything looks good to me except for date wheel which seems to be off to the left... I asked for more pictures with different time and date.

All the rest seems to be aligned :)

Can you please let my know your thought about that ?
T16ivW9.jpg
T16ivW9.jpg

Here is the full QC album in case you're curious : https://imgur.com/gallery/vAGwjNs

Thank you !

Last edited:

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
I think about picking up one of these Aqua Terras, I'm just not sure about the size. My wrist size is 6.5"/16.5cm, so more towards the small side. Sadly there are no reps of the smaller Aqua Terra with 38.5mm and I'm afraid the big one might be a bit too big. Is there anyone with a similar sized wrist who is happy with the watch?
My pick would be the white dial with rubber strap as a Summer watch.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
I think about picking up one of these Aqua Terras, I'm just not sure about the size. My wrist size is 6.5"/16.5cm, so more towards the small side. Sadly there are no reps of the smaller Aqua Terra with 38.5mm and I'm afraid the big one might be a bit too big. Is there anyone with a similar sized wrist who is happy with the watch?
My pick would be the white dial with rubber strap as a Summer watch.

Try watching the reviews by Tim Mosso of Watchbox studios on YouTube. He has a 6.3" wrist.

I too have a 6.5" wrist and have a black dial AT 8900 on order.

Last edited:
Reactions: mpx

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Thanks! It's a bit on the larger side, but should be OK. So I guess I have to order one soon.