• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

chkMINUS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/20
I am pretty new to the rep world and have just ordered the blue version because I absolutely love the watch. I've read this entire thread and all the others discussing how the blue version has a purple hue etc etc and I've seen all the photos posted and personally I don't think this is as much of an issue as they say.

I have also seen the gen up close and must admit that the dial colour is very versatile in that it changes hue depending on the light, the reflections, etc. In real life without sitting next to a gen I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference.

Anyway, regardless, for me this wasn't a prohibiting factor from buying it so I did. It's just been shipped actually so I'm awaiting impatiently. Will post photos once I get it.

Please post pics. Have imgur album of the QC photos?

shoecake

Looking Around
9/3/20
ive just ordered a black - my first rep 8900, and a impulse buy - but i love them

anything i should have done when it arrives, service etc....
im excitied, i do like the other colours, but ive always had black watches

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Just received my VSF AT w/ blue dial. Looks really nice and very close to gen. Nicely brushed and polished surfaces, end links have minimum play between the horn (same as gen). As I have an older AT 8500 gen (bought 2013) to compare to, I'm not sure if Omega changed the bracelet for the newer AT generation. The rep bracelet is a little sharper, the links are thinner and angled the other way around (see picture). The blue tone is actually not as bad as many say, looks quite believable and not really purpleish. I tried to adjust the color rendition in the pictures as close as possible to the watch in hand. I'll do a more detailed review when I have time to take proper macro pictures of all the small details.

nYx7n.jpg

nYV33.jpg

nYcYs.jpg

nYgwY.jpg

Last edited:

houss1981

15/3/17
any reviews about the movement 8900? is it working well? what are the flaws?

Alex22

12/2/18
Is the vsf version the best as a rep for AT? For those who can compare it with the gen, what difference does the bracelet have (weight, size, etc.)? p.s. I would like to take it with the black dial. For the movement is it equally reliable 8900 or 8500?

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Is the vsf version the best as a rep for AT? For those who can compare it with the gen, what difference does the bracelet have (weight, size, etc.)? p.s. I would like to take it with the black dial. For the movement is it equally reliable 8900 or 8500?

While the step from 8500 to 8900 was a major investment for Omega due to the anti-magnetic properties, the shape of the movement components didn't really change so much. I have no first hand information, but I'd assume that VSF kept the base movement identical while updating a few prints/engravings. Reliability should be exactly the same in this case, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Alex22

12/2/18
While the step from 8500 to 8900 was a major investment for Omega due to the anti-magnetic properties, the shape of the movement components didn't really change so much. I have no first hand information, but I'd assume that VSF kept the base movement identical while updating a few prints/engravings. Reliability should be exactly the same in this case, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
As for the bracelet, what feelings do you have (quality, weight, feeling of something fake or close / very close to the gen)? P.S. for the inclination of the bracelet links I can tell you that, at least the Seamaster 300 which has a bracelet very similar to the AT, has the same inclination as your AT Rep. So I think Omega has changed the slant on everyone.

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
As for the bracelet, what feelings do you have (quality, weight, feeling of something fake or close / very close to the gen)? P.S. for the inclination of the bracelet links I can tell you that, at least the Seamaster 300 which has a bracelet very similar to the AT, has the same inclination as your AT Rep. So I think Omega has changed the slant on everyone.

Bracelet is good, but not on gen level - closer with an oil bath. I know that the standard ATs got the newer thinner bracelet at Omega and slanting is correct. The older (heavier) version with upside down slant is only used on the GMT ATs of the current lineup, although with the new clasp design.

Last edited:

Alex22

12/2/18
Bracelet is good, but not on gen level - closer with an oil bath. I know that the standard ATs got the newer thinner bracelet at Omega and slanting is correct. The older (heavier) version with upside down slant is only used on the GMT ATs of the current lineup, although with the new clasp design.

however, from the photos you have attached I would not be able to distinguish the gen from the rep. If the bracelet is also good (not very good), we are at a good point in the end. How do you feel the feel of the entire watch?

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
however, from the photos you have attached I would not be able to distinguish the gen from the rep. If the bracelet is also good (not very good), we are at a good point in the end. How do you feel the feel of the entire watch?

As a watch, it's just awesome and I highly recommend to get one if you have any love for the AT! The 350 bucks are also a reasonable price IMHO for the quality you get. Of course, you have the risk of the movement breaking down at some point, but the whole watch costs less than the service of a gen AT that's recommended every 5 years.

Alex22

12/2/18
As a watch, it's just awesome and I highly recommend to get one if you have any love for the AT! The 350 bucks are also a reasonable price IMHO for the quality you get. Of course, you have the risk of the movement breaking down at some point, but the whole watch costs less than the service of a gen AT that's recommended every 5 years.

I really like the AT, it's one of my favorite watches (I've never had the chance to try it but it's amazing). The VSF rep with black dial seems to me very close to the gen not to be recognizable. The bracelet is not too light compared to the gen (what about this?). I don't know whether to take the bracelet only version (348) or also with strap (368). My fears are two: 1) that the rep is not close enough to the gen; 2) that the movement is not reliable and I would not know how to fix it.

Bobo1000

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
9/4/20
Please keep us updated on that green dial I'm really torn on ordering one but reviews for the gen show it looking so different in different lighting. U
Omega-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-150m-Master-Chronometer-41mm-Green-Dial-220.13.41.21.10.001-Review-6-768x512.jpg

If its like this and less drab than the promotion photos I think I'll drop an order ASAP

Additionally does any one know if they're updating the blue aswell? maybe a chance to correct the dial color?

Last edited:

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I really like the AT, it's one of my favorite watches (I've never had the chance to try it but it's amazing). The VSF rep with black dial seems to me very close to the gen not to be recognizable. The bracelet is not too light compared to the gen (what about this?). I don't know whether to take the bracelet only version (348) or also with strap (368). My fears are two: 1) that the rep is not close enough to the gen; 2) that the movement is not reliable and I would not know how to fix it.

I've tried the gen on, it has a very light bracelet as it is. In fact the whole watch is very light.

Alex22

12/2/18
I've tried the gen on, it has a very light bracelet as it is. In fact the whole watch is very light.
So you don't see many weight differences with the rep? I am increasingly addressed for the black dial, it seems to me the best in terms of color and black would also be the color I like best. Reading the whole thread I have some other questions: 1) Is black really the best? 2) Is the movement reliable (now some have owned it for 12/15 months)? 3) It does not cost like the gen (400 vs 4000) but it is not free, if you need a revision are there watchmakers who put their hands on it? 4) For $ 20 more you can buy a bracelet + strap, I could think of taking both but is it easy to replace them? I have seen that some users have dropped the Omega symbol from the strap, are there any news? 5) What are the things I need to pay attention to when buying it (it's the first purchase)?

Bobo1000

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
9/4/20
So you don't see many weight differences with the rep? I am increasingly addressed for the black dial, it seems to me the best in terms of color and black would also be the color I like best. Reading the whole thread I have some other questions: 1) Is black really the best? 2) Is the movement reliable (now some have owned it for 12/15 months)? 3) It does not cost like the gen (400 vs 4000) but it is not free, if you need a revision are there watchmakers who put their hands on it? 4) For $ 20 more you can buy a bracelet + strap, I could think of taking both but is it easy to replace them? I have seen that some users have dropped the Omega symbol from the strap, are there any news? 5) What are the things I need to pay attention to when buying it (it's the first purchase)?

I'll try to answer some of this based on being in a similar situation as you and having done a fair amount of reaserch but have yet to pull the trigger

1) black or white seems to regarded as superrep quality the other colors are off in some way but its probably negligible.

2) I haven seen one of these movements be regarded as problematic by anyone aside from concerns about replacement parts.

3) A lot of watch repair shops will service reps just make it clear from the get go but sourcing parts may be another matter

4) Get the both its pretty much the best chance you have as they're far more expensive after you buy. Most regard the rubber strap well.

5) Check your QC photos a few times as misalignment seem to be the only common problem and its your best chance to get the probelm corrected. Additionally consider taking it to a watch smith for service and to check the water resistance if you're really concerned with long term reliability.

Reactions: BH21

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
Just got my QCs for the VSF green dial AT. Looks pretty good so far. I'll post some pics when I get the watch though I'm terrible at taking good pictures. :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dissemination

reklamezonen

30/7/13
Am looking forward to see pic. Sir.
also interested in The green dial.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI