• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I tried a gen black one this week. The bracelet is indeed very light. The whole watch is in fact, especially compared to my gen Seamaster 300M Professional.

Black looked a bit bland in my opinion, blue is by far the best looking one but reports of the purple hue in the rep put me off.

Last edited:

Raf82

Horology Curious
27/1/19
Maynooth, Ireland
Is there a VSF Sedna Gold available from any of the TDs? I searched their websites and there doesn't seem to be a VSF rep available in this color scheme.
73c714e0abe6559f05c9b3f7d3f9ece3.jpg

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Is there anyone here with the Gen AT Grey? Is the pinion pin supposed to be blue or silver? From the gen pics i've seen so far it seems to be blue and not silver.. can anyone verify?

Gen screenshots:

VSF:

kevine17

Looking Around
29/8/18
How is the crown action on these? I've only bought 1 replica ever (LMPO v6) with an ETA2892 clone and the crown is quite wobbly on the stem. Everything functions but it doesn't inspire confidence when I'm setting the time/date.

Mine is rock solid. Its actually the nicest rep I have ever owned!

kevine17

Looking Around
29/8/18
Anyone who has one can you confirm the hour markers lume is more yellow than the white lume on the hands? Mine is this way so not sure if I got a bad one or its normal?

I've tried to take a picture but it doesn't show as bad as it looks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

5073200994efb6f108394f1d680bdb10.jpg

I have the same black model and the lume on the hour markers and the hands look identical to me. I have had it for about 5 months so far and no change... maybe they fade over time?

[email protected]

Horology Curious
29/11/19
Hey when you guys qcd your watches.. what was your amplitude? My qc looked quite good visually but the amplitude originally was at 242 and +11sec.. I asked for a full wind which raised amplitude to 256 but also took it to +17/secs out a day.. I dont expect Cosc standards but Ive seen much better.. they told me they would regulate the watch and then I see they shipped it before I approved. Anyways can yall share what your Timeographer results were with the 8900? Btw I purchased through Puretime

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Is there anyone here with the Gen AT Grey? Is the pinion pin supposed to be blue or silver? From the gen pics i've seen so far it seems to be blue and not silver.. can anyone verify?

I just stopped by an omega AD at Lax.. it’s blue, mate

Sent from the RWI App

Pixelman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/19
How do we close the crown back? I've been trying to screw it back in clock wise and it is not closing

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Pixelman

You can't just screw it clockwise like a regular crown, you have to push the crown in and whilst it's held, screw it in clockwise and it will lock into place.

Justa

Looking Around
10/12/19
Ordered the grey dial from my TD - Purple or not - I don’t really care. QC pics clearly show pirple tint. approved!

[email protected]

Horology Curious
29/11/19
And you believed them?

Cant blame you for that. I bought a watch off of them one time.

Yea they kept it for several more days and eventually send me photos with new Timeographer results.. .much improved up to 270ish and 2 secs+. Ill know soon enough as I just received it and will be timing it myself. One other thing I noticed is that mine seems to have a slow date change? Its 10:30 pm here now and the date is slowly starting to creep behind the dial. Is that typical for the 8900?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Yea they kept it for several more days and eventually send me photos with new Timeographer results.. .much improved up to 270ish and 2 secs+. Ill know soon enough as I just received it and will be timing it myself. One other thing I noticed is that mine seems to have a slow date change? Its 10:30 pm here now and the date is slowly starting to creep behind the dial. Is that typical for the 8900?

It’s as per the gen ;)